Notices

1989 Honda Civic STD Feeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Honda Civic STD Feeler

Up for sale is a 1989 Honda Civic Standard.

- All stock and unmolested except for LS meshies, KYB struts and Omni Power springs(have oem struts/springs as well), and new stereo/speakers. Never been swapped or modded.

- Lightest of the 88-91 hatches, 2013 lbs. A LS swap or even D16z6 swap will haul *** in this very light car.

- 48mpg!

- Dealer installed A/C turns this thing into a lil igloo! Works great!

- Manual trans has no grinds, pop outs, and clutch grabs great.

- Motor runs strong and healthy. Bay is very clean, it is easy to see this engine was well maintained. It is designed for efficiency, not drag racing. Feels like a non-vtec D which it is. Nothing has been played with, has always been stock.

- Interior is just alright. I hit every crevace with some serious elbow grease. I removed seats to get all the carpet clean, removed trim to get it completely clean, totally cleaned under the hatch carpet with steel wool. Suffice it to say this is an extremely sanitary and clean interior. It is totally intact. Headliner has some rips. Some interior plastics are faded from Texas sun. I had an absolute hell of a time replacing the vinyl front seats as they were all torn. I bought some EF seats not knowing the rails for 88-89 are different from 90-91 and now I have seats everywhere lol. Originals, seats from my DC I tried swapping in, the wrong EF seats. I ended up with a set of junkyard seats that aren't the same color as the interior but they don't look out of place either. The dash has some cracks.

- Exterior has no corrosion. It spent it's entire life in San Antonio, Texas until this spring. Paint is faded. There are several dents and dings. The drop, the meshies, and the mint headlights are the only real bright spots about the exterior.

No 89 is going to be perfect. Many are prettier than this. Some people wouldn't pay my price for a car with faded paint. I'll wait for a buyer who is looking for an EF with no rust, amazing gas mileage, ice cold AC, fun in the corners, and great reliability.

Like I said, this is a feeler. Per the rules, I'll post an OBO feeler price of $1800. I am also open to trades with cash on my end. No single cam, no rust. Thanks!

PICS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huq4guw403abgd9/YdNePQgGKo

I will have a picture of a piece of paper with date, item, and name sitting on the car within a couple hours.

I am also selling a '95 Integra LS with damage in the front fender area. http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3160427
Old 08-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1989 Honda Civic STD Feeler

To the tippy.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1989 Honda Civic STD Feeler

really clean man!