Notices
Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia

were to get wheel repair+powder coating

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default were to get wheel repair+powder coating

ok so here is the story i picked up a set of bmw 325ix bbs wheels local and they need a little wheel repair. the main issue is curb rash. im hoping that there is local wheel repair place near state college pa(penn state).
also would prefer to get these powder coated depending on the how much it may cost for the wheel repair.

so my main question is does anyone know of any wheel repair and powder coating companys near state college pa 16803.

heres a pic of the wheels for good measure lol. specs are 15x7 41mm offset
Old 11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: were to get wheel repair+powder coating

I can't speak for wheel repair, but for Powder Coating, check out Martin with Liquid Powder Coats. He's in Yardley-Langhorne Pa. Does good work, just can be slow communicating since hes a one man shop. Tell him Mitch sent you
Old 12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to his shop tomorrow to drop off my new rollbar for my crx. I'll post up my thoughts when it's done.

And yeah, he often doesn't answer the phone, so at least I know why now.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dropped off the rollbar at Martin's on Friday. Nice guy, and I really liked that he had samples of all of the colors, which made the decision easier. Prices very reasonable for the two-stage coat I'm having done. Hopefully, will see the results in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What color did you get? I spoke to him yesterday, I am sending my wheels back to get the color slightly darker, I know he's running with a 3 week or so turn around time right now, just bear in mind. Here's the wheels he did for me, also a 2 stage, I just want them slightly darker now that it's been a while. I love them though.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's "wilder red" over "black frost" - kind of a 3D finish when all's said and done. It's under the combinations section of his site, the blacks, close to the far right end. Should be done at the end of this week, he told me. It's only a rollbar with down tubes and backing plates, so it's a simple thing to do. My old as dirt parents are going to have to pick the stuff up from him; I'm sure they'll be shocked at the operations.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just to give some feedback here, my parents picked up the rollbar yesterday (yes, they did get lost, both getting there and getting back), and I took a look at it on Saturday. Have to say that I'm very pleased with Martin's work, I'd give it two thumbs up.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tommycrx
Just to give some feedback here, my parents picked up the rollbar yesterday (yes, they did get lost, both getting there and getting back), and I took a look at it on Saturday. Have to say that I'm very pleased with Martin's work, I'd give it two thumbs up.
Glad it worked out well for you. He used to have a full store front, but with the economy he moved it back into the shop in back of his old barn house. It's definitely tucked away behind that...ugly yellow shade house lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thenoxus1
Glad it worked out well for you. He used to have a full store front, but with the economy he moved it back into the shop in back of his old barn house. It's definitely tucked away behind that...ugly yellow shade house lol.
LOL, I'd have to say that it's an "interesting" house.