Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia

SoMd meet outside waldorf.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (jeffy)

this meet is most def pretty cool.... alot of cars , ive been there a few times.... i roll in with the crew from st. marys
Old 02-15-2008, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (shaunk18)

I dont know whos who. But I saw a nice blue EG hatch that was turboed. It was sexy lookin, lol
Old 02-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jonny Rocket)

I hope nobody on here was involved in the accident that happened eariler this morning... Sad to hear that something like that would happen. Not to sure if anyone will be meeting up tonight than, I doubt it.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicgeek133)

it is sad, and my condolences to everyone involved, my prayers are with you. one of my friends was 5ft. from getting hit and another one got clipped, and i havent checked in with the rest yet. it is a horrible thing to have happen and especially by the hand of some drunk idiot who had nothing to do with it!! but it just so happened to get into a crowd of street racers so its automatically street racings fault.

the weekend get togethers were still new, primarily for those who were a bit more mellow but liked to race. it was doing good for a while, very low key but still good action. then the word got out and last weekend started up a 100 car gathering that we didnt intend on creating. now this happens, 210 is shut down for a long while. i was going to be out there tonight (the reason i wasnt there last night) but not now. i dont race on the street anymore since my accident and now i dont think ill even be a spectator to any street racing events.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 PM

yeah thank god none of our crew was injured...my condolence's to the victims families
Old 02-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Default Re: (xRacerX81)

Yeah I was goin to that spot Friday night but I was sleepy so I didnt go. Then I buddy calls me this morning about it. I could not believe it. I saw the small video clip and their was body bags everywhere! Damn shame. So the guy was drunk? Thats new. I dont know known of the victims but I have friends that were friends of the victims so yeah. My condolences to the victims and their family.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:16 PM

Default Re: (Jonny Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonny Rocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know whos who. But I saw a nice blue EG hatch that was turboed. It was sexy lookin, lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea... that one is down our way, this summer there should be alot more hondas for sure
Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (jeffy)

how many cars are there on a good night
Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 AM

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (Dan8yourV8)

the parking lot is like half to 3/5 full i would say on a good night
Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (shaunk18)

that doesnt tell him how many cars there are, what if the parking lot is only 5 spaces big? depending on the weather and time of year anywhere between 30-100 cars. it had been turning into 40ish on wed. and 100ish on weekends, but thats all coming to an end since the accident. just going to the meet will most likely get you hassled/pulled over, if there is even a meet at all.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that doesnt tell him how many cars there are, what if the parking lot is only 5 spaces big? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea... but i figured he knew where it was and was just askin, you really think the meets will end? i dont see why they cant continue.... as long as we get the dumb **** stopped....
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they are always up and down for that meet. moving back and forth between pg and charles county. this accident is going to have an astonishing effect on regular meetups around the entire country and especially our meet in particular since that is where it happened and all. its not gonna be shut down forever but a while is certain.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Thats true for sure. Probably when it gets warmer is when the meets will come up. Right now I would just chill. Anyways wasnt the "street race" on 210 a bunch of older guys with built Domestics??? It wasnt us young guys out there. maybe a few tho. well Imma still go by and see if the meets are still up but tonights snowing so yeah.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (Jonny Rocket)

yea... lets us just hope nothing like this ever happens again ever.... so the cops dont really have a reason to kick us out
Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just because they were older guys with domestics means nothing. thats a large part of the GTG out there. wide age group and cars of all sorts. the whole bunch that i hang out with (xracerx too) is half domestic half import. any time the meet moves into charles co. it gets busted just for the sake of busting it up. it didnt take an event like this to get it killed in waldorf, but over pg lines was cool until now. now its a big ? as to whether its dead or not for a while. i think you are just looking for a ticket and some harassment if you try to go out there anytime soon. modded cars are gonna be big targets right now, no matter which side of the pond there from.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah definately sux that a stupid drunk guy speeding with no lights on could cause such a tragedy. my buddy was there that night and from what he told me the guy in the crown vic was at the races earlier that night drinking...it was a terrible thing but what made it even worse is that they point to the street racers every chance they get to put the blame on... the news reports were all !!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (h2b_sedan)

for those of you that havnt seen this yet, check it out. give your ideas or just let us know if you are down to be there as a spectator/racer whatever. lets join together and turn this negative into something positive.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2230523
Old 02-22-2008, 12:28 PM

good idea
Old 02-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Old 02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SoMd meet outside waldorf..... (Jonny Rocket)

keep your eyes on this thread guys. if you are interested in the street race night at MIR i might be calling you out to this meet on one day in particular if i need some names for a petition. ill post up a while in advance to ensure the max amount of people.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:06 PM

keep us posted man
Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 AM

cool beans
Old 02-25-2008, 01:48 AM

jeff i seriously doubt the accident is gonna stop any meets...i was at the rockville meet saturday night and there were people there i'm sure people will still be either at the giant on 228 or back at the safeway parking lot in waldorf when its warm out,we have been doing these meets for over 10 years now its not gonna stop
Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 AM

Default Re: (xRacerX81)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xRacerX81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jeff i seriously doubt the accident is gonna stop any meets...i was at the rockville meet saturday night and there were people there i'm sure people will still be either at the giant on 228 or back at the safeway parking lot in waldorf when its warm out,we have been doing these meets for over 10 years now its not gonna stop</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope it doesnt stop.... these meets are the high light of my week lol...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shaunk18)

i dont know man, just seemed like the heat was on serious. been watching the news and charles co. cops are talking big **** about themselves. how they cracked down on street racing in their county at the first sign and never let it happen and this and that, thats why the racers went to PG because they knew it was safer over there, and we know better than to try that in CC. HAHAHAHAHA they just dont have anything better to do, expletivein losers. Def. excited about warm weather.

Quick Reply: SoMd meet outside waldorf.....