Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HID retrofit club

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Options)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Options &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow....how unfortunate for you.

I've dealt with him and his business parter in the past with great success. No complaints from me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well feel free to look up his unprofessional responses in the e46 wiring thread, where he calls me a "turd" and "scat". I don't know who want want to buy from someone who talks to people like that.

I just thought I'd let all his potential customers know what kind of businessman he really is.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (dwolsten)

well bionic & his partner have my TL+zkw lense+ crossfire shrouds & some ebay eg lights stay tuned
Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Me Gusta History

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwolsten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wouldn't buy from Bionic. He's a complete *******, and he's incompetent. He's given out dangerous advice on another thread, and then called me names when I pointed out his error.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And I've watched his work since the beginning, about 3 years ago and his company keeps producing reliable, innovative, and amazing results for their customers in a market full of hacks that don't know what they're doing and are taking other people's money.

There was a guy a while ago that was selling retrofits and used DUCT TAPE, for ***** sake. So I'd trust the guy with a lot of support from his customers. It costs more, but it's worth it in the long run. Wiring can be done cheaply with a lot of problems down the road that are easily prevented if the builder took the time and used proper materials.

Provide us with a link to the exact page you're discussing and allow US to make our own judgment.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Sushi Buffet Champion

Anyone using FX35 projectors?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (GapxGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GapxGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone using FX35 projectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Plenty of people, check the last page for customlightz's work. The FX's are a pretty good projector and there was a recall on the headlights, meaning there are many out there
Old 10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

So on that Civic, all 4 projectors are used for low beams, and only the outers are used for high beams? Dang that seems like overkill.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Provide us with a link to the exact page you're discussing and allow US to make our own judgment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure, no problem:
https://honda-tech.com/zero...84307

Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i don't see that his way of wiring was wrong... I am not going to research this but do you have information that proves his way of wiring leads to ballast or solenoids blowing up?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: (6SPD_EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6SPD_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i don't see that his way of wiring was wrong... I am not going to research this but do you have information that proves his way of wiring leads to ballast or solenoids blowing up? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I already explained it thoroughly in my posts, and it's explained many times in other peoples' posts on other sites such as HIDplanet. To summarize:
There are two solenoids on the Bosch e46 projector (NOTE: this does NOT apply to other projectors, only this specific one), controlled with three wires. If you connect all three, and leave it in high-beam position, it will consume about 35W of power, far beyond what it is thermally designed for. It will overheat, and fail.

I've presented this information countless times, referenced it to other posts on other sites by other people who have experience with this projector, yet Mr. Bionic continues to tell people with these projectors to hook them up in a way that will cause them to fail, and worst of all, publicly insults me for presenting the correct information.

This is not the behavior of a professional businessperson; it's the behavior of a very immature person who doesn't like being told he's wrong.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
All Secrets Known

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Options &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm in desparate need of a S2K bulb retaining clip. Anyone out there got one? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or from an RX330 single xenon.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright let's not muck up my thread with this crap. I posted in the other thread linked by dwolsten.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Former Sponsor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Options &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, it's me. I actually need the metal wire retaining clip that holds the bulb in the projector.

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I got the retainer...I"ll give you a call in the next day or two.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Default Re: (-Bionic-)

Sigh...

Regarding dwolsten, it has nothing to do with an unhappy customer. Just an angry and ignorant college kid, so I made my point in a thread about wiring, and we must be referring to two different things, because what I am saying is true, and works, and he's point of view is right as well. I'll admit that he is wrong, but neither am I. Anywho, you guys can read it for your self. He's ignorant, so I called him a turd. I could have used any other words.

So he is now sitting in his college dorm, mad he has to eat processed food, and he didn't do so well on his last exam, and worried his parents will find out, so he vents out his stress on me. He gets offended by my response, and tracks down ever post I made on HT, so he can talk **** about Custom Lightz. Childish.

Modified by -Bionic- at 7:29 AM 10/2/2007
Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So on that Civic, all 4 projectors are used for low beams, and only the outers are used for high beams? Dang that seems like overkill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actally the inner is the FX bixenons, with the TSX in the highbeam portion of the headlight.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 AM
All Secrets Known

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Bionic- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I got the retainer...I"ll give you a call in the next day or two.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sweet, thanks.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

What did you guys do this weekend?

Well this is what me and my partner did...

:thumb:
Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Please leave the name calling and bashing OUT of this thread. Bosch 3-wire bi-xenon projectors require more than simply connecting to positive and negative on the stock high beam harness. Period. End of story.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forum...t=138

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ptirmal in the HiDPlanet University forum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I thought we should put this here since a lot of people have e46 bi xenon projectors and wanna know how to wire them up correctly, without burning out the solenoid only using 2 of the 3 wires...

Basically from hidforum 2fast figured out the 3 wires and what they did and Darwin made the schematic...

Different e46 have different colors... I have 3 e46's and one set has brown as a weak ground, purple with black as a strong ground, and purple as positive... the other one I have has pink wires... the diagram refers to green as weak ground, black as a strong ground and red as positive... if you have different colors you should make sure you know which is your strong ground and weak ground as the strong one pulls 2 amps and the weak one pulls .2 amps...

The purpose of this schematic is to open the shield with the strong ground momentarily then release the strong ground and let the weak one take over... it allows the shield to open quickly without pulling a strong current which leads to damaging the solenoid...

The numbers in the diagram refer to the prongs of a relay... I forgot to mention that. You can use any automotive 4 or 5 prong relay... if you use a 5 prong relay ignore pin 87a... I would recommend bosch 30A relay from partsexpress: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe...0-070 Because of their solid build but any relay should suffice

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now I personally would much rather accomplish the above diagram with a tiny little circuit board, which dwolsten makes and sells, then having a whole rat's nest of wires, resistors, capacitors, diodes, relays, etc. Have you guys made anything like that, or other things like a circuit that relates the rear wiper function and controls it speed relative to road speed? I'm pretty sure he is not an "ignorant college kid".
Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

damn bionic! how did you guys pull that over a 2day weekend? nice job
Old 10-02-2007, 09:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Bionic- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sigh...
Regarding dwolsten, it has nothing to do with an unhappy customer. Just an angry and ignorant college kid, so I made my point in a thread about wiring, and we must be referring to two different things, because what I am saying is true, and works, and he's point of view is right as well. I'll admit that he is wrong, but neither am I. Anywho, you guys can read it for your self. He's ignorant, so I called him a turd. I could have used any other words.

So he is now sitting in his college dorm, mad he has to eat processed food, and he didn't do so well on his last exam, and worried his parents will find out, so he vents out his stress on me. He gets offended by my response, and tracks down ever post I made on HT, so he can talk **** about Custom Lightz. Childish.
Modified by -Bionic- at 7:29 AM 10/2/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

I graduated in 1997, and I have 10 years experience. You're the one who is ignorant; I've posted over and over exactly why what I say is correct, and you just respond with ignorant blather.

So I figured that if you were going to go out of your way to screw with me, I'd return the favor by trashing you in your other threads.

PatrickGSR94: Thanks for the kind words.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

This isnt a big thing, we got a difference in opinion, you got yours; and I know it works, and I got mine, which I also know works. Patrick, which looks cleaner, or which is more practical is a seperate issue, I was just talking about what work, but there are many ways to make it work. Nobody can deny that what I am saying doesn't work. Perhaps it's not ideal to some electricians, but let's face it, it works, and that's all I said. I understand that there is a pull and hold, and ideally/theoretically keeping it on pull for too long isn't good, but it works. Adding a second ground isn't difficult so for those that wants to add that along wtih an additional 5000 ground points could. I'm not stopping you.

I appologize if I offended dwolsten, but it was a two way street, where both said what they had to say. Anyone reading that other thread can go back and see that for themselves. For him to go on here to call me names is fair games I suppose, and it is what it is. For the record, I am done with this trivial topic.

If Patric or dwolsten has an issue, let's not pollute this thread and HT, but PM, or call me if you want.

So moving right a long...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itsJDMyo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn bionic! how did you guys pull that over a 2day weekend? nice job </TD></TR></TABLE>

We worked about 3 intese six hour shifts.
Along with the Quad [http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/quad_fx35_tsx.wmv] we also did two FG setups using FX35's. These setups were a first of us, and took most of the time. I think the quad ended up taking a full day.

Here are some pics of the FX35 setups, and videos of different mods that can be done to the FX35.

Videos of OEM, and modified FX35 bixenon projectors.
OEM - http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/oem_fx35.wmv
TSX w/ Freshnel Lens - Coming Soon
TSX w/ Clear Lens (Blue w/ Rainbow) - http://www.customlightz.com/ga...s.wmv
TSX w/ Clear Lens (Blue and Purple) - http://www.customlightz.com/ga...e.wmv
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

-Bionic-, Bjorn right?

Anyways I was just wondering what the savings are between a TSX retro vs. a FX35 retro setup?

For comparison sake, both with say the same shroud and both without any additional costs for paint or blue CCFL's. Effectively, how much less expensive are the FX35 projectors I guess. I know you mentioned a set of them goes for around $75-$100 a pair, and if I remember correctly a set of TSX projectors with clear lenses goes for about $150-$200, correct me if I'm wrong.

So what are we talking about, a $50-$100 price difference between the two setups? I'm just curious.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dt98gsr)

tl zkw cutoff pics?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6SPD_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tl zkw cutoff pics? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd really like to see this
Old 10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doubleshotz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doubleshotz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'd really like to see this</TD></TR></TABLE>

I liked the setup alot on my ek... bjorn should have pics anyday now
Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6SPD_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I liked the setup alot on my ek... bjorn should have pics anyday now </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: HID retrofit club