Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

2003 Honda Civic Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 2003 Honda Civic Light Problem

Okay, first off I really hope this is where I am supposed to be putting this. If not I am very sorry.

I will try to be as detail with my problem as possible and I would just like to thank in advance for any and all help that can be offered.

A few days ago I was driving around and I stopped at a gas station to get gas. When I got back into the car to start it I noticed that when I turned on my lights the gauges didn't dim like the normally do (they're just stock gauges for now). It seemed strange but I didn't think to much of it so I started driving back home. When I stopped at a stop light and someone pulled up next to me and informed me that all I had on were my "day time lights". Even though I had my night time lights turned on. Today I went to autozone to see if I could figure out what was wrong. I replaced my tail lights and it didn't fix the problem. So, I borrowed the electrical tester that they had and checked all the fuses inside my car under the steering wheel and under my hood. Turned out that a fuse was blown under my hood and it was labeled "Small Lights". I went into autozone and bought the fuse and replaced it. Instantly when I turned on my lights I heard the fuse pop and the fuse had gone out again. So, I am assuming that I have a short somewhere?

I doubt anyone can really help me with where I should look first but can someone please point me in the direction of the electrical diagram for my car that I can download?

Once again, thank you for any help help offered and sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2003 Honda Civic Light Problem

Definitely sounds like it's shorted to ground somewhere.

Idk where to get electrical diagrams online other than AllData, try something like Chilton, Helms, or the lesser Haynes manual - not as descriptive but still useful.