Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New Member - Old Honda Driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:09 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Old Honda Driver

Good day all.
From the Eastern side of The Pond, my moniker is Rick and I am (and have beed)a ver happy and contented owner of two Honda cars and 1 CB250 in my miss-spent youth.
From my days as an MOT tester (compulsory yearly vehicle examination - for those who don't know) I was always impressed how little the European Honda SUVs decayed over time and how the garage mechanics seldom had much work to carry out during an annual service - apart from the obligatory service pack.

With this in mind, in 2010 I bought "Mrs. RickS" a CR-V which is used daily for her work as a carer and various long-haul trips. We drive to visit her parents on Poland annually, a round trip of some 1800 miles, through and across Europe. It has never let up down, is comfortable for the 15 hour drive and pretty economical in the freeways/autobahns, even when loaded up with goodies for Christmas.

When my Trusty Audi 80 gave up the ghost a couple of years ago (250K on the clock!), I elected to go for a slightly smaller 2004 HR-V, pictured below. She had been fairly mistreated, malicious key scrapes badly serviced but nothing that couldn't be fixed and I manged to secure an excellent price from the chap that was selling her. So far, I have enjoyed 2 years of (relatively) trouble-free driving on a daily basis.

I race (see avitar) a Lancia 037 Group 'B' car (please don't hate me for that!) that took me 18 years to complete and when I competed for the first time with the Lancia last year, it was one of the proudest moments of my life..!

I hope that this has proves a little interest to some and I'll try and become a regular visitor.
Best regards and thank you for taking the time to read this, Rick...

My daily run-about - and looking cute in the autumn sunshine..!