Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New to this forum & tinkering

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum & tinkering

Hey everyone -
I've had a dark green 2000 Honda Accord special edition/SE for over 10 years now, but haven't really done any tinkering or DIY repair type stuff.
(I'll post a pic soon)
It's been a great car and one that was inherited from my Great Aunt & Uncle who passed in 2003 and 2006.
Anyway, that just meant that it was driven by older people and was low mileage when I got it.
Even now, it's just 154k miles.

I've been reading some of the posts on here and there seems to be a good community of super knowledgeable people who I'm sure know more than I!

Anyway, I'm swapping lighting (interior and exterior) to LED right now, but will be looking to finally repair a few headaches that have plagued this car for a while now:

1) Back passenger window doesn't work (motor works, fuse is fine, might be off-track)
2) Keyless entry doesn't work...it tries to, but only actually works maybe 5% of the time.
3) vanity mirror lights don't work
Several other things, but these are my most pressing.

I'm also going to look for a reputable body/paint shop, as the paint (especially on the roof) is badly oxidized).

Thankfully, the engine is still solid and runs great. Just recently had a new timing belt installed.

I figure since it's a relatively inexpensive car to mess around and tinker with, it's a good one to start on.

Thanks!
-Ryan

(Photo coming)