Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New to this forum; need some help with 1992 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum; need some help with 1992 Honda Accord

Hey everyone, I have a 1992 Honda Accord. Car issues have brought lead me to this forum and alot of you provide very useful information. I am currently having an issue with my car. In a nutshell, the car cranks but does not start. I noticed a gas smell when I attempt to turn the car on so I assumed it may be a clog so I started by changing the fuel filter and same issue. Then I thought it could be the distributor so I changed the distributor cap (previous one had some build up but nothing too crazy), I changed the rotor (previous one was cracked and falling apart). Seems there is no combustion but it is getting the gas so I then checked my spark plugs and in the top chamber there was some oil in there so cleaned that up before changing the spark plugs (there was oil in the first 3 but not the forth) connected the wires and still did not turn on. Now it's back to the drawing board and I'm still trying to see what else it might be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Other things I'm considering ,please correct me if I am wrong... is that it may be the main relay or the ignition coil...thoughts? Thank you!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to this forum; need some help with 1992 Honda Accord

If it was the main relay I don't believe it even spray fuel. I had a civic that the relay went bad and wouldn't do anything. Do you have a check engine light? What I would do is make sure you're not getting spark. Get a spark checker or get someone to crank it while you listen for spark by pulling a boot off and let it hover over the spark plug