Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

I'm 48, just trying to recapture.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotcha bro.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, new-ish member here. I thought I had an account here maybe 10-12 years ago but perhaps it was removed from inactivity.

I just bought a 2016 Honda Accord Coupe, Touring edition. I wanted to find a good place to learn more about my car and what can be done to it. For now I think performance mods will be limited to an intake, as I am switching from an Infiniti G35 that had quite a loud exhaust that let every other driver know exactly how much throttle I was using at any given point.

I will get some pictures eventually, but the car is very plain, including no window tint.

I am looking forward to seeing what others have done to their cars for some inspiration!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Trial User

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the world of honda and tuning. I signed up because I just bought a 1991 Honda accord body with a H22a4 in it and I'm looking for tips and answers. I know my ways around an engine and a car. I have a boat with a 350 in it that I'm working on.
Vehicles: 1991 Honda Accord
1994 Suzuki VS1400 intruder (in the process of selling, to buy parts for the Honda.)
. 1998 Larson 20ft boat
2003 Harley Heritage Softail
. 2008 Dodge ram 1500

so yeah lol. I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to help and be helped. Lol

Hawk
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everybody! I'm pretty new to this aspect of Hondas at least. I used to drive an '07 Accord in high school, but it wasn't actually mine, so unfortunately, it didn't get to come up to school with me. I came across a killer deal on a '93 Del Sol SI a couple months back, and couldn't pass it up. It's got some miles, and could use a bit of TLC, but hasn't given me a single mechanical issue as of yet. I'm working on all of the aesthetic elements before even touching the engine. Partly because some of those are necessary. For example, I've got rust in some spots, so those need immediate attention. I plan on keeping it relatively stock. I may change out some engine and exhaust components, but have to plans for forced induction or anything. Hope you like it

Old 01-29-2019, 08:04 AM
Trial User

Hello All;
I have a 2018 Odyssey Elite. Purchased last April, White with mocha interior. Roof racks cross bars and Honda hitch. Replaced my 2005 Ody touring after 245K. Pictures to follow soon.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sup every. First time ever being on any type of forum or anything but anyhow. My name is thomas most of my friends call me TC I live in sc and I've only owned one honda she is still a work in progress at the moment been having issues with ot running right lately but it's a 1998 civic hatchback dx everything is basically still stock except the air cooler and exhaust I've owned it for about two or three years now got it and the motor was all ragged out drove it for a year rebuilt the stock motor and done a lot of other stuff but anyhow I hope to get it back going again soon and finally finish it. I would post pictures of it but I'm currently at work so maybe if I get time later I definitely will
Old 01-31-2019, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: Member Introductions

Hi Everyone,

Im from sri lanka, this is my 96 EXi
Old 02-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Trial User

Hello I am just a small town dude in the heart of the Inland Empire. I have good mechanical apptitude and work as an industrial maintenance technician and around Ammonia refrigeration equipment. I will try to be a great addition to this community and look to learn a lot more about modern car systems and use the knowledge for generating some extra cashflow.
I currently own a 2006 Honda Civic LX AT and it has not been my friend since purchasing. I currently am having some electrical issues and have some problems with vibrations at higher speeds as well. I know the value of the car has decreased and don't want to waste much effort getting it in tip top shape. However I am willing to put in a little love to get her back running smoother.

Last edited by David Briggs; 02-01-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: correct information
Old 02-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone. I too live in a small town. I've referred to this website for years for my various projects. I'm just now creating my own account. I've always loved Honda. My girlfriend has an EG hatch and is a huge interior nerd. I have a soft spot for the CRX. I'm on my third one now and can't wait to get it road worthy. I finally joined so that I can share this restomod with you guys and also my own solutions to old car problems. I cut my teeth in automotive mechanics at a small locally owned shop. The owners have been in business for over 50 years and have a wealth of knowledge extending far beyond basic mechanics. I learned how to wire weld there and some basic lathe and mill operations. I still visit the shop from time to time and we meet up at the drag strip some. I left there to go into industrial maintenance. Now I work on fire trucks and ambulances for a living at a Rosenbauer dealership (although we work on any make). Anyway, My current project is my superior blue 89 CRX. I got it in a horse trade with no engine or transmission and very faded blue interior. My body needs some work but isn't horrible. It has only one rust spot. I will have to add some pictures later. I'm slowly trying to make it a very nice street car with some strong pep. Not stupid power but you know, strong. I may start a build thread on it or maybe just post different projects in different sections as I complete them. So far I have swapped in a full black interior that I scored at the junkyard and replaced all the foam seals in the HVAC ducting. I'm looking forward to sharing this with you all and seeing what else everyone is doing out there.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Thanks for the add I am Angel I'm stationed in Japan and here is my EG6

Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon5 Re: Member Introductions

Shadowbay22: I have a 2005 Honda Pilot with 265,000 Mi. I joined this forum because I absolutely love this SUV and want to keep her forever. Prob: I got an engine check light and a code P2413. I changed the EGR valve and cleared the code. Code came back and now I am experiencing lose of power and a engine noise sounds like marbles. I guess I need to research the threads? Maybe someone can help.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone, my name is Jack and i currently own a 1999 Honda Accord ex. I am currently working on getting a turbo for it and making it a fun little sleeper.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

F23 FTW.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Hello I am Adam. I own a 88 crx and a 89 crx si. i live in Canada. I bought a jacjson Racing supercharger and am hooking it up to my zcdohc. but can not find any pics of where all the hoses and vac lines go. yes i have tried moss motors for a pdf but no luck.. any help would be appreacated

Old 02-11-2019, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the Add , my name is Robert . Here's a picture of my 2000 Integra with a 98 spec JDM type R and my 1992 EG6 .
Old 02-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey

Hey guys new member, hoping to start a d series turbo project pretty soon. Have a 2000 hx to put it in, looking for a y8 or z6, would trade entire y5 engine trans and ECU for z6 or y8 entire setup, looking forward to talking guys peace from the 802!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Trial User

Hello all,
I'm the owner of 3 Hondas and somewhat basic mechanic experience.
  • 1990 Accord
  • 2003 Accord
  • 2009 Civic
Glad to be on this forum because I find it very helpful to have so many knowledgeable minds to tap into!
Old 02-13-2019, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Day 1 got pulled over for loud muffler .Brand New oem exausted system next day , tinted windows ,projector headlights, changed whole front suspension by myself ,blue and pink led interior ,painted whole interior black

Present . And I didn't forget the JDM stickers to make it offical
I guess it's about time to get active on here instead of ghosting all you. It all started two years ago when I bought a 2006 Chevy Cobalt, shortly after I regretted my decision and every day was agony in the "deathmobile". Then I saw a 1992 Honda Accord on Craigslist and when I went to buy it- from a fella quite big and tall- I discovered the seat was stuck all the way back and wouldn't budge. Me, I drive with the seat all the way forward , he apologized and I left heartbroken. Luckily he was dedicated enough to take the whole seat out and dislodge a coin that was jamming the seat . And the rest is history
Old 02-15-2019, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, all!

Been a Honda driver all my life. Have driven a 99' Civic standard to the ground, my 2003 Civic EX Coupe has just been sold, and now I'm on the Accord game!

Just purchased her last week and I'm in love. 2016 Honda Accord EX-L. Not sure how I like the CVT Transmission though, stopping at the light makes the engine rattle a little bit.

Going to look through the forums to see if anyone else has this issue.

Glad to be here!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I`m from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada and bought a 2000 Honda Civic Si track car. I know nothing about the Honda`s, I do know my way around a car as far as simple things go, changing oil, spark plugs, brakes etc. I will be racing in the Pure Stock division and will be looking for advice/help as time goes by, I look forward to learning as much as I can about the Honda`s and my car in general. Giddy Up !!
Old 02-17-2019, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everybody,

I own a 2008 honda accord ex and a 1997 Honda civic ex. A long time ago I had a 95 honda accord ex. Overall I've been happy with all of them. I'm from Minnesota and I enjoy driving and working on these cars.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: Member Introductions

Hi everyone,

I have a 2000 Civic, 4 door, automatic, 165K miles. So far it's been great, first Honda in the family here. I know more than a little about cars, back in my youths I flipped cars for spare cash (cars were much simpler to repair back then). But I haven't done any repair work in years, lately because we have no garage at all and lots and lots of rain this time of year. My motivation for joining is that the front end is shaking. I've owned and flipped a number of Saabs; fixed front axles and replaced engines and clutches. I know the basics but haven't done a front end in many years.

I'd bet on it being the axle, probably the drivers side outer CV joint. I want to get some feedback about what replacing the axle and/or CV entails, so I will know if the repair shop is trying to pad the bill. "Trust, But Verify" is a solid policy when dealing with repair shops. Plus we have a 9 month old to feed and can't afford big repair bills right now.

So far I've done some googling, and all I can find for parts is the entire axle assembly. Which makes me wonder if replacing just the CV joint is even possible, or if replacing the entire assembly is simply the most cost effective fix. The axle assemblies I've seen were from $65-75.

If anyone can tell me what to expect a front axle - or front axle CV joint - repair to cost (or give me an idea how many hours either repair should take), that would be be awesome.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:26 AM
Trial User

Hello Everyone,

New the forums as a member, been searching on here the last few weeks for answers which have helped with multiple projects currently have going on.
Starting last year and early this year, have gathered a few hondas that were in need of TLC and repairs. Happy to say 2 out of 3 are running, been fixed up, and in the process of fixing number 3 which i will asking for help on in a thread will start shortly after introduction.

1992 Honda Accord LX
1993 Honda Prelude (was not running and is running now)
1996 Honda Prelude (blown engine, will be main topic in thread to come looking for advice on engine swaps, ecu, etc.)

Look forward to learning and meeting others while working on cars.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Trial User

Hello all, I am not new to viewing HT for guides and what not, but I am new to joining HT. First Honda that I drove was this 97 Accord that I use to drive because it was my dad's. Wished it was a 5 speed, but funny enough the F22B1 "pulled" pretty nice for a vtec-e motor haha. Hope you guys don't take me too serious when I say it "pulled" but it sure does pull more than my D16Y8 and I haven't really been in different set ups enough to know what actual VTEC hits like. Now I drive the 99 civic. It IS a 5 speed and it was fun to drive for a while as my first manual car, but now it's just meh to me lol. Thanks for you time, Deuces!

Last edited by TorquelessMotor; 02-20-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Member Introductions