Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Just another D build ponder'er'er

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another D build ponder'er'er

Whats going on! I'm Tyler. I live in the wonderful suburbs of Atlanta,GA. I'm 33 and like long walks on the beach. So, what am I in for? Well, I'm going to be in the process of building a Honda engine that no one else has ever built before! The infamous D16y8. Oh? everyone builds those? I should do an engine swap? Nah, I'm going to dump money into an engine that probably isn't worth it but guess what. ITS MY MONEY PIT, not yours. ( I will, However, accept any kind of sponsorship's any of you would like to throw my way(preferably whiskey)) I'm planning on doing the ever so famous Vitara pistons, p2p0 rods, ARP in as many places as possible, OEM sealing thingys, I've heard ebay has great turbo kits, right? I'm going to throw one of those puppies on there to get all the experience in building these little D's ( thats my nickname, BTW ) ummmm, a touch bigger injectors, a bigger fuel pusher. Probably the Crower turbo cam and Ti spring set. Oh! its a 2000 Civic EX 5spd coupe. i would attach pictures but, if anyone else in here is from Georgia ( highly doubtful, I know), You know that it has been raining for like a billion days. as i speak, its not raining now but I'm far too lazy after getting home from work to go take pics now. If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, let me know!!