Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

hows it goin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hows it goin?

hello all. My name is Brian and I'm addicted to h, its terrible. my family doesn't know what to do with me, my friends are just memories, girlfriend?, long gone. this terrible thing is of course Hondas.

ive been a Honda fan for a lot of years and just recently wanted a project so I picked up a 1994 BB2 prelude si. my knowledge of Hondas is mainly in b series motors but this was a great deal. its a 5 spd without 4ws. the motor has been well loved both in maint. and driving. the body needs help but what 21 year old car doesn't. on the interior front, this thing is amazing. all original, sans steering wheel... all electrics and lights work.

I live in Louisiana and work as a manager at a parts house, so its not too bad to pick up parts as needed. so far ive swapped the alternator, the old one made a god awful noise. I replaced the no name cold air intake with a factory piece I found on a great parts car in the junkyard, also swapped the bumpers with clean ones, new license plate frame. it has a vis carbon hood which needs some love but isn't dead. also installed is an aluminum radiator (big sucker too) not sure of brand, obx rad hoses and a ill-fitting header+ exhaust. the head has been mildly ported and the head gasket upgraded. the fly wheel is a lighter unit installed with an exedy clutch. the car has been lowered a bit and rides on bilsteins in the back and strutek??? on the front. some decent 16s round it out as it sits. also with it but not installed are rear struts matching the front, a factory radiator and fan assembly and an obx underdrive pulley. the motor has run on royal purple since the rebuild with k&n oil filters.

next projects are body work, needs some massaging but not terrible, very little rust and no serious dents. new fan setup for the big honkin radiator and removing the a/c compressor. k&N oe replacement air filter and accel tune up kit with new coil, wires, cap and rotor plus new plugs should pep it up a bit. also looking into swapping the moon roof with glass and finding a clean set of oem taillights, the kid put altezza style on there and its pretty bad. all in all I'm looking to make a quick daily driver with the occasional track day for fun. any tips, tricks or what not to do's would be greatly appreciated. as I said, I work at a parts store so if I can be of any help, please let me know.