Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Honda newbie del sol build

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda newbie del sol build

Hey guys I've been in love with hondas since I was 10. Been working on them and driving them since 16 and in the past couple years I've really put in effort on learning everything my little Brain can withstand. I've lurked and searched forums for years and never joined so I'm glad I did. Please don't get so annoyed when I ask dumb questions or questions that have been asked multiple times on threads cause sometimes Idk how to word it and find the right threads. I'll be asking a lot with my 93 del sol with obd2 ls swap
Old 11-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Honda newbie del sol build

Welcome, this is the place for Hondas.

But, why do you need to go obd2? Is it a jurisdictional requirement if you swapped in a newer engine? If not, and even if it is, I'd keep it obd1 and run a p75 or heck it'll even run fine on a p06 with a bump in fuel pressure and no need to touch the ecu. No need to convert to obd2 ecu.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GIZZ - EXV
Welcome, this is the place for Hondas.

But, why do you need to go obd2? Is it a jurisdictional requirement if you swapped in a newer engine? If not, and even if it is, I'd keep it obd1 and run a p75 or heck it'll even run fine on a p06 with a bump in fuel pressure and no need to touch the ecu. No need to convert to obd2 ecu.
I had the engine for a while sitting in the garage and cant afford another one and my buddy told me he had a p28 with the ls base map and I put it in and it gave me problems and the p06 didn't
Old 11-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I see your other post too.

Ideally you would run a p75 or like I said before it'll run just fine on a p06. I swear I ran all motor 12's on a b20vtec running stock unchipped ecu's altering fuel with a fuel pressure reg and then later with bigger injectors. I've done this so may times on customers cars, to be safe I just verify the afr with a wideband o2 sensor.

In your other post you were talking about evap or something, just run all the stuff from the del sol. It should all function like stock with whatever ecu you use,
Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GIZZ - EXV
I see your other post too.

Ideally you would run a p75 or like I said before it'll run just fine on a p06. I swear I ran all motor 12's on a b20vtec running stock unchipped ecu's altering fuel with a fuel pressure reg and then later with bigger injectors. I've done this so may times on customers cars, to be safe I just verify the afr with a wideband o2 sensor.

In your other post you were talking about evap or something, just run all the stuff from the del sol. It should all function like stock with whatever ecu you use,
i believe the purge plug was square not round and the obd1 b18 harness is round I for got to mention. I was told way back when I got the engine it was obd1 not obd2 so me being new found that it was obd2 and I pulled out a obd1 ls harness and am using that and cut some plugs I think I need off the del sol harness
Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Corey Kolibaba
i believe the purge plug was square not round and the obd1 b18 harness is round I for got to mention. I was told way back when I got the engine it was obd1 not obd2 so me being new found that it was obd2 and I pulled out a obd1 ls harness and am using that and cut some plugs I think I need off the del sol harness
https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/help-del-sol-ls-swap-3310532/
here the thread I put