Hello,Need some help - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hello,Need some help

Old 01-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Trial User

Default Hello,Need some help

I have always been a chevy guy, but i got a 99 Honda civic for next to nothing. It ran great but had oil on the front of the motor, so i changed the oring in the distributor. The oil pressure indicator came on and i added oil without checking the level, and of course, now its over filled by a quart. Now there is oil on both sides of the motor. Hard to see where its coming from. Still runs ok, no water in the oil. Hoping its not the head gasket. Not the valve cover. Help
Old 01-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hello,Need some help

Sorry I can't be much help without having your car here. You just need to clean off the oil then start it up and see where it's leaking. Honda headgaskets typically don't leak externally. I wouldn't be concerned with an extra quart of oil, that shouldn't touch the crank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: