Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

del sol owner again.. maybe

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol owner again.. maybe

getting ready to pick up a low mileage del sol. i've owned two in the past. just sold my motorcycle and thought i'd do a del sol again.i hope it's ok to use this intro to ask about the feasibility of del sol ownership. . i see no del sol forums out there and the little bit of research makes me wonder if i'll be able to keep one on the road. electrical parts and so on. i know they are basically a civic but i think some parts are del sol specific. any advice would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 PM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: del sol owner again.. maybe

They aren't too bad, most is the same as a civic, and the other stuff not too hard to figure out. Just get a good manual. I had a nice Chiltons once that had sol specific info.

I know the forums are gone, solsociety used to be my home. But I would own another one in a heartbeat.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, too bad about the forums. i like to join one for whatever i'm into at the time. just left a great bunch of guys at the Roadstar clinic. i had read a few old posts on google about discontinued parts and that, with the lack of forums made me have second thoughts. loved both my del sols. bought a Miata a few years back when i couldn't find a del sol and much prefer the honda.
t
Old 09-07-2017, 03:34 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

As far as discontinued parts go, shouldn't be a problem. There are still 1000's of parts cars out there so you can get what you need, or aftermarket options.

I have been surprised to find that any OEM parts I've needed for my CRX, so far I have still been able to order thru the dealership.