Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Damn Daniel, back into the Honda game again with the White ITR

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Daniel, back into the Honda game again with the White ITR

Well, my name isn't Daniel. But damn does it feel good to be behind the wheel of a Honda again. I sold my first Honda (thoroughly beat up, tetanus laden, daily abused, electrical gremlin infested and fire shooting CRX with a b16a) roughly a year ago. To be honest, I literally cried when the new owner drove away and I heard the raspy exhaust note leave my neighborhood for the final time. Then I dried my tears with the $100 bills in my hand just like Tallahassee from Zombieland. That car was my child. When I was in high school, I refused to take girls to homecomings and proms just so I could spend money on A-rex-is. Two days after I sold what my mother ever so lovingly referred to as my "screaming metal deathtrap of a car" I shipped off to Okinawa, Japan. Since being in 'Japan' I figured i would take a break from Hondas for a while and try some other Japanese vehicles. I bought a Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen (mighty quick, but relatively boring, more of a go-fast daddy car), which wasn't my style. Once I sold that lumbering sedan I decided that the drift life was the life for me, and traded $100 cash and an r/c drift car for a Nissan 180sx which is falling apart faster than I can fix the damn thing. So far the exhaust has only fallen off the car a total of three times in the last six weeks. Which is a new personal record for me losing parts on the road. After being fed up with a car that has been neglected for far too long, I have determined it is ready for the scrap yard. After a thorough part out of course. If it weren't for one of my excellent friends in Okinawa, I wouldn't have been bit on the *** by the Honda bug. This particular friend of mine picked up a '96 Civic SiR a few months back and refused to let me drive it until last weekend when he and his fiance had a few drinks and needed a driver. He knew damn well that I was a Honda head and I couldn't wait to drive it. I'll tell you what, I almost swallowed my ears as I cracked VTEC for the first time in over a year while ripping through the city streets. That moment when the tachometer needle approached 5800rpm I grew giddy with anticipation, and when it hit, that was the happiest I've been since the last cruise I took in my beloved CRX. It was at that moment, I realized I didn't just want another Honda. I NEEDED A HONDA LIKE A FISH NEEDS WATER. When I dropped my friend and his fiance off at home safe, it was almost as if it were divine intervention. A guy I work with rolled up in his white ITR and informed me that he was posting the car for sale. Immediately, I knew it was destined to be mine. Over the past couple of days I have scrutinized every square inch of the vehicle. Including a three hour inspection of it on a lift which only showed minor surface rust and worn rubber bushings. For a car which is now twenty years old and on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean, it has aged very well. Considering that every Integra I came across in the states was rusted to all hell. With out a doubt, I am absolutely ecstatic to be able to own this sweet ride. Now it's time to wait for August so I can take possession of a fresh JDM ITR.