Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

D16z6

Old 05-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Trial User

Default D16z6

Hello I have a turbo d16z6 with cp pistons, eagle rods, arp head studs, dsm t25 turbo, dsm 450 injectors, stock head with new stem seals, h22 throttle body. I got my car tuned to pass emissions and run great. Recently I decided to take my cat off and put a test pipe. After a while I put the cat back on because I was seeing a lot of gray and black smoke. Even with the car being warm it stills smokes. I have replaced the head gasket and still had the same issue. I did a compression test and everything came out good with good compression. I also did a leak down test and everything came out good as well. We went and took the motor apart saw that one of the rings looked a little damaged so we honed the cylinder wall and put a new ring on. I changed the head gasket one more time, and even checked the turbo to see if itís the problem. I have ran out of ideas on what it can be. Now itís more like a gray color smoke and it kind of smells like corn in a way. I also put new stem seals. Can it be something with the tune, or maybe the fact that I went from a cat to a test pipe?? Any ideas??
Old 05-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D16z6

PVC?
Old 05-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remove the hose going from pvc to plenum and see if there's oil up in there
Old 05-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Trial User

New pvc valve, but Iíll double check to see if thereís not oil build up
Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My y8/b7 sucks oil through into mani on startup despite pvc and hose replacement. Even cleaned breather box on back of block out. I finally just capped it all off because who cares, D. Still a perplexing problem
Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 AM
H-T Basic Sponsor

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Trial User

Found my issue it was the head. I am pissing oil from the head going into the headers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: