Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

2017 Honda Civic Fuel door

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Honda Civic Fuel door

I am a owner that has an issue that needs to be addressed & Battison Honda in Oklahoma City and the Regional office seems to think customer satisfaction is of no big deal. Ok the issue is when you enter the vehicle the doors or door unlocks automatically also locks when you depart the vehicle. The fuel cover also unlocks and locks. The issue is, I went through a car wash and when I was almost finished I noticed in my driver side view minor that the fuel cover was open as if I got out and opened it to fuel my vehicle. I feel as thou the fuel cover should not automatically unlock until I push the fuel cover to open it when I’m ready to put fuel in the vehicle. The 2018 Honda Odyssey minivan that the dealer sent a representative in to take pictures of my bent fuel cover, was exactly how I feel should be recalled on the 2017 Honda Civic because the locking device on the 2018 Honda Odyssey does not unlock until you push the fuel cover and depress the springloaded door in to open it and fuel your vehicle. Please reply if you have had this issue and feel that it should be fixed.

Thank you!