Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

2000 Honda Civic/EL

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Honda Civic/EL

Hey guys I'm new here. I've owned many Hondas. First time joining a forum. Been a forum stalker for many years. Finally decided to join. I've got a 2000 civic coupe. Bought it for $950 6 months ago bare bones civic. Only option it had was power steering. Before winter hit I did the Acura el front end conversion and added a Acura el cluster to ad tachometer option. Drove it through the winter and ended up blowing a hole through the block of the always amazing d16y8. So time for a change. Bought a beat up 2000 si rusted to crap. But had a fully running H23A swap in it. So I stripped that car down. Put all the power options in mine. Installed the DOHC swap in my car and away we go. Unfortunately the engine after putting fresh oil in it revealed it had main bearing issues. They've been swapped and it seems to be running well. Also started a wire tuck. I've got the whole passenger side tucked. Looking good.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Honda Civic/EL

Hello and welcome on board! Congrats on your Honda, it looks really nice! A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Have fun surfing around!