Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

1991 ED Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 ED Hatch

I just want to start off saying I love this forum. And I'm still in disbelief I have as nice of a car as I do. (Used to east coast rust buckets)

Hello! I am a long time lurker and have used this forum as a priceless base of information in the past. I finally have a vehicle worth throwing money at. I endeavor to equip it with a proper ride height soon (suspension is in the mail), poly shift bushings(also in the mail)+short shifter(trapped within an EG or EK shift linkage in my garage), and many, many other (irresponsible) uses of my money, all of which I shall make a thread about. However, for now I shall post pictures of it, in the state I have acquired it. I have currently altered nothing about it, except removing the front lip so it could fit in my driveway. I didn't even take the pics, except the one with rainbow letters. It has a D15b2 engine, and a 5 speed transmission. Specifically a Honda DX. I am the third owner, and the odometer reads a whopping 643,000 miles. The car is both older and more travelled than me. The 1st owner was an RV enthusiast, thus the excessive miles and rock chips in the hood and windshield (and two on the roof). The second owner was a....decent enough person to fix most of the vehicle before putting a K&N filter directly onto the intake manifold, dropping it as low as possible on ebay coilovers (with which the sleeves aren't even connected, and make jingle bell noises on the struts while I drive [yes this is terrifying{yes it is a bounce house on wheels}]), a cheap quick-release (which has play, also terrifying) and lastly, putting an incredibly loud blast pipe (with a 3" exhaust manifold, except for the stock headers....) on it. I actually like the blast pipe. Since I don't have a horn, thanks to the cheap quick release. Ahhh, the perks of owning a Honda Civic. I almost forgot in those years I was stuck with American vehicles. Overall, I'd say it's pretty clean and gonna be easy to make it into the sporty yet efficient daily driver I have been pining for.

Spoiler

Immediate Plans:

-Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves + Skunk2 Struts (adjusted to a proper height for a daily driver)

-Short Shifter + Poly Bushings (hoping it will fix the grind in 3rd without proper rev-matching and all the damn slop)

-Rust repair/new weld of exhaust manifold

-General Detail/Surface Rust Removal/Deep Cleaning

-Painting the f***ing spoiler (that's super JDM, according to ebay)

-Swapping in a real head unit + decent door speakers (Please make suggestions on speakers)

-Finding some 15" steelies or decent tires other than 13"s....

Just some plans I've pulled from the tide of ideas that wash across my brain every day:

-Hood Refinish/Paint

-New shift boot ( https://www.etsy.com/listing/5785595...d_out_detail=1 ) something like this, I'll probably have to go to the fabric store and make it myself, though....and yes, I'll get the dragon ball for going to car meets/looking hella JDM but I'll have a better shifter for daily usage (also open to suggestions!)

-Interior crack/damage repair (dashboard, a few on the side moldings around the driver, and rear hatch area was scratched to **** by a bigass dog or demon idk)

-Window tint for side rear windows, and a window blind for the rear window ( like dis Ef Rear Window Blinds ? Window Blinds )

-Reupholstering the roof to have some kind of crazy design (maybe more japanese waves or something cliche) with LED runners for proper lighting of the hatch interior

Without getting really over the top with all my spontaneous (and not always tasteful) ideas I think that'll sum it up for an introductory.

If you can't tell I'm really excited to have this car. Here's to hoping everything goes well.

PS - I forgot to mention, I'm going to do a d16 swap with vitara pistons and turbo the s*** out of it!!!