Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloppy linkage, LSV in EK hatch *update, Still sloppy*

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloppy linkage, LSV in EK hatch *update, Still sloppy*

So I searched and searched and found alot of people have had this problem but I could not seem to find a post that had the fix.
I did seem to notice that everyone said it could be a bent shift linkage. I bought the linkage from a reputable guy locally. He is also on honda tech. Although it is second hand. How can I tell if the linkage is bent? Can someone post a pic of a verified "good" linkage so I can compare?
Or are they supposed to be two Perfectly straight rods? I thought they had some "factory" bends in them.

Thanks

Last edited by Nick97hatch; 02-11-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sloppy linkage, LSV in EK hatch

do have those two black bushings on the linkage where it hooks up to the shifter(the part that go's in the car)? if not you put some on it

are the bushings on the swivel wore out? if so buy new bushings from hasport(if they still sell them) or go to honda and buy that linkage new

how do the shift linkage bushing(the part that bolt up on the tranny) look?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LA_HONDAS
do have those two black bushings on the linkage where it hooks up to the shifter(the part that go's in the car)? if not you put some on it

are the bushings on the swivel wore out? if so buy new bushings from hasport(if they still sell them) or go to honda and buy that linkage new

how do the shift linkage bushing(the part that bolt up on the tranny) look?

Everything looks fine. Bushings look good. The only thing I noticed was my old D series linkage has what looks like a solid bushing with re-enfored hole to mount to the tranny on the stabilier. (does that make sense?) My GSR linkage has a bushing there on the stabilizer that looks good. However it seems to be tapered in sort of. there is no re-enforced peice to mount it. When I bolted it up the bolt head was too small and would not secure the stabilizer. I looked around and found a big black washer that was a perfect fit by where I stored my linkage. used that to mount it. Now it feels like it selects a gear but feels like neutral at the same time.
Would pics help at all?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it could be the bushing that go around the shifter ball
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The shifter ball bushing looks fine also. After looking at the honda parts blow up I am missing Washer A and washer B for the stabilizer rod. These are tappered like the rubber bushing. I hope this will solve the problem.
Has anybody NOT installed the "correct" washers and have it work?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Replaced the shifter ball bushing and installed the proper washers on the stabilizer and it is still all sloppy!!!!!
Can the "Rod" that comes out of the tranny and hooks to the linkage via the roll pin have rotated? Can it be 180 degrees off? Or does it even matter if rotates? I am also hearing a metal to metal clunk when I push the shifter all the way forward or backward when trying to go through gears.
Again it feels like the tranny is shifting into gear but also feels like nuetral while in gear or in nueltral.
Please help, I am getting frustrated.

I have also verified that all bushings and rubber are in place and in good condition.