Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked and Running

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked and Running

Man...This was the shittiest weekend ever starting on Friday late afternoon after I rear ended someone...My fault yes, but I have insurance and they were in a truck...I tried hard to veer off to the left but couldnt escape that trucks bumper but I didnt go head on...thank goodness...I took out my right head light assembly and the part where you bolt the headlights to, was twisted up and my hood was pushed in...Luckily it didnt touch my engine, and the radiator and radiator fan were damaged besides the body...But I just installed an OEM DX radiator from a junkyard and I now realized that the radiator I had before was about 1/2 to 3/4 of and inch thicker than this stock one...My car will start overheating at idle now after some driving time...It never did this before...Engine is a GSR in 1992 Civic HB...Could I have some air bubbles or not enough fluid?? I remember seeing the steam come out of the resevoir tank...Any help would be great....
Old 10-19-2004, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Wrecked and Running (jaybee)

sounds like air is traped in there some where. just take the rad cap off and top it off let it cycle a couple of times to see if f you need to add more in the rad. hope this helps you out.

oh and make sure it is not cracked or leaking. I know that if you get it hot enough it will crack at the return line of the rad.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:36 AM

I was thinking that there was air in there too, but I remember when I first finished the swap, we didnt bleed the coolant system, and the overheating never happened...I did let it cycle with the cap off yesterday, but it didnt burp it...Also, after I drove around yesterday, the resevoir tank was empty, then I stop at the restaraunt, and noticed the steam and the coolant inside the resevoir tank boiling and over max capacity....I will take another stab at it this weekend...
Old 10-19-2004, 08:15 AM

Can the radiator fan (which doesnt work) be the problem as well???
Old 10-19-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: (jaybee)

could be a huge factor, check the relay and the fan by jumping it from the battery.
if nothing happens after you jump it then of course the fan is bad good luck
Old 10-19-2004, 09:38 AM

Yeah....That wreck I was in smashed in my radiator, radiator fan and passenger side headlight...Im sure that fan was hurt in the process...I will be picking one up from the junkyard...