Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<--

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<--

anyone know how or know where to find info. i know sport compact did a ek with a k20a but i need the diagram into an eg. any help would help. thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (aLLmTRaLLdAY)

hang tight, all the info will be posted up very soon.

Axle info too without spending outrageous shop prices.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, keep this post alive
Old 07-22-2004, 12:52 AM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (dohcturtle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcturtle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hang tight, all the info will be posted up very soon.

Axle info too without spending outrageous shop prices.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, hndarcrb18c1 promised that a while ago. Things must be busy for him right now.

I would like to say TIA to hndarcrb18c1.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (rochesterricer)

It is coming soon all I have left to do is really type it up.. Theres like 6 wires that go to 12v and 2 to ground and the car WILL run then just wire in the datalink connector and o2 sensors and its all gravy from there.. i will have a complete write up sometime this weekend I will be puting the datalink connector in and wiring the o2's in this weekend I drove the car today just about 3 blocks to get the exhaust done even with codes and the wiring not done it pulls perty hard.....
Old 07-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good job man... good luck with the rest of the work that has to be done
Old 07-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (hndarcrb18c1)

Don't forget to do some research on the relays.

brian g
Old 07-22-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (brian g)

Wich relays are you refering to PGM??, as for research,,,, The car is running right now so i think the research has been done Ive probaly been doing wiring on hondas longer anyone on this board... I had a 90 civic si in 1993 with a single cam Vtec on a p28... Im perty shure I had the first OBD1 converted EF around...
Old 07-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Main relay, fuel pump relay and AFR sensor relay. The stock relay doesn't operate the same as the dual relays in the K-powered cars.

brian g
Old 07-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i saw some other people doing their wire harness with out the relays, but they had to hardwire or splice the fuel pump and lil stuff like that to the ignition on position. Does the hasport wire harness just hook up to the cabin harness with all the relays all ready there? what do you guys offer as far as EG harness for the k20 swap.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2FastxEg)

It's wasn't my intention to hijack this thread, but to answer your question - The Hasport harness includes properly wired relays and is plug and play with the exception of some wires that need to be spliced to the EG ECU plugs.

I was hoping my comment would encourage hndarcrb18c1 to avoid shortcuts. I'm all for people figuring this out on their own and sharing the info. The more affordable and successful swaps there are, the more people will choose to do it.

brian g
Old 07-23-2004, 07:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (brian g)

So far I have looked at 3 different harnesses and they all look different. SOme of them even use different plugs.. There are many different ways to do this. Ideally, you would want to have no codes.

The comment about the fuel pump being wired on the on position is write on the money when not using a relay. Supafly did that to get his car to work. He used the k20eg harness. He also had to ground the hell out of the harness... Other harness are different.

to free and good info
Old 07-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nikos)

Affordable is the key word here. People are charging way too much for stuff for the swap,so shortcuts as you would say are the way some of us not so wealthy enthusiasts have to do. Personally,if i find something that works good for less money than shops charge,im gonna tell everyone. This will in no way affect the livelyhood of big name shops like hasport and such.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hndarcrb18c1, just because the car runs does not mean it is properly wired. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your harness or info, but if it is wired the same way that your buddy k20eg does his, then it is wrong, as the air/fuel ratio sensor needs its own relay, along with a few other things. I don't mean to hijack your thread either, but I see peoples work everyday that claim " to have been wiring honda's forever", that is wrong or completely half assed, causing damaged ecu's "but the car still runs without codes".

If anyone has a wiring question, I'll be happy to answer it to the best of my knowledge, so that everyone can have a properly wired swap, regardless of if they do it themselves properly, or pay a shop to do it properly.

On a side note, although the Helms manuals are the best for Honda/Acura service info, the RSX Helms service manual (first edition) has a misprint on the wiring schematic relating to the air/fuel ratio sensor relay, anyone with a working knowledge of relays should easily figure this out.

This is not a hate/bash post, please do not take it as such, I am merely posting information that I believe to be accurate.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but I see peoples work everyday that claim " to have been wiring honda's forever", that is wrong or completely half assed, causing damaged ecu's "but the car still runs without codes".</TD></TR></TABLE>

Best thing to do is learn the basic electronics first, then try to rewire a harness. More you know how the stuff works, the easier/better it is on you.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcturtle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcturtle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Affordable is the key word here. People are charging way too much for stuff for the swap,so shortcuts as you would say are the way some of us not so wealthy enthusiasts have to do. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You misunderstand, I'm just trying to give a gentle prod in the right direction. Doing it right doesn't need to cost a lot of money.

brian g
Old 07-25-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: (brian g)

Well ok guys its almost typed up and ready to go as for all the relay info the only one you really NEED is the A/F meter relay but what ever You can wire the fuel pump on constant if you want or wire in the rsx relays its personal preference..

On a side note why dont you guys wait till I post my info before ya start bashing me huh??? also did anyone else notice the only people who really had something to say negatave were Shops who sell k20into eg wiring??? LOL

Modified by hndarcrb18c1 at 10:48 AM 7/26/2004
Old 07-25-2004, 09:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hndarcrb18c1, just because the car runs does not mean it is properly wired. </TD></TR></TABLE>
If the car runs with no codes hard or soft how is it not properly wired???
Old 07-26-2004, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Obviously you believe Honda engineers have decided to use relays just on a whim.

brian g
Old 07-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hndarcrb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndarcrb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On a side note why dont you guys wait till I post my info before ya start bashing me huh??? also did anyone else notice the only people who really had something to say negatave were Shops who sell k20into eg wiring??? LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1. I don't sell wiring conversions for this swap, although hasport does.

#2. Since you can't read, I'll post this again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This is not a hate/bash post, please do not take it as such, I am merely posting information that I believe to be accurate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually posted useful information pertaining to this thread, and I intend to keep doing as such.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndarcrb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If the car runs with no codes hard or soft how is it not properly wired???</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are many scenarios where a car will run with no codes with improper wiring. For instance, if you swap the iacv and purge solenoid plugs on a b/d series swap.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (locash)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=938441

ALL DONE

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://www.hondata.com/techk20wiring.html

This is all you need. Thank Hondata for giving out that info and saving you $400. Thank me by supporting my cause k20a.org
Thank Hasport for giving us these nice mounts.

lol, thank me later

Thanks you Hondata and Hasport for all the support!!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-26-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Re: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<-- (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Obviously you believe Honda engineers have decided to use relays just on a whim.

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>
Important: You must use a main relay. The ECU will not work correctly otherwise as it requires constant power via the coil side of the main relay. There is no way around this, you must wire in a main relay. This cannot be stressed enough.
Do not wire power to the E1 'Fuel Pump Relay' output from the ECU. This will smoke the ECU up quickly.
You don't need to touch the engine harness. Plug it into the engine, and the A and B connectors into the ECU.
Make sure you feed power from the main relay to all the points in the 20 pin connector - there are three, pins 9,14 and 20.
The ground from the engine wiring harness to the intake manifold is critical. Without a good ground the ECU will do all sorts of weird things. It is better to put the ground on the stud from the cylinder head than the intake manifold.
The brake switch input is not critical. It just idles the engine up slightly at idle.
The o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater relay is optional for a race car.
You must use a relay if you want to use the o2 sensor. The ECU looks at the voltage on the relay via pin 15 so there is no way around this.
E9 draws little current and doesn't need a thick wire.
Take the time to wire up the MIL, oil pressure and charge light. Remember on a K if your charge light comes on, that means you have no cooling as well.

Well there you go taken right from hondatas web site
The o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater relay is optional for a race car
but whatever To LOCASH the only way this swap is gonnda be right is when the motor is put back into a RSX other than that is all custom so who is to say what is right or wrong??? If my car runs with no codes and is fast as hell why do you say my wiring is wrong?? I just don understand why you are so admiate to tell me my wiring is wrong by doing this **** all myself I was able to afford a HYTECH header so wheres the problem there??? and thats all Im trying to do for other people..
you were just really quick to bash me without even seeing the wiring.....

Modified by hndarcrb18c1 at 10:21 AM 7/26/2004
Old 07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Grow up.

I don't care if you can afford a Hytech header, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Lets try to keep this on topic.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you Hondata and Brian G. check this out guys.....
http://www.hondata.com/techk20wiring.html
Old 07-26-2004, 09:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Grow up.

I don't care if you can afford a Hytech header, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Lets try to keep this on topic.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Im quite grown you douche go jack someone elses thread... everything ive posted has been on topic your the one who is bashing without even knowing what MY wiring looks like

Quick Reply: -->wiring skimatics for k20 into eg<--