Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring 99' Teg to same Gen JDM GSR (different year), How??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Harness Help - Wire up JDM GSR engine to '99 LS car (same gen, dif. year)???

Ok, I just got a JDM GSR (see sig). I'm swapping it into a '99 LS. I got the engine from import builders, and Jeff (from Import Builders) has been very helpful it telling me what I need, and what I need to do. But this is one think I don't know "how" to do.

Jeff supplied me with the JDM - USDM GSR changover. But he said I needed to do some rewiring due to the fact that the car and engine are different years. He said that I would need to cut certain conections off of the GSR Changeover Wiringing Harness, and cut the corresponding connections off of my Stock Wiring Harness, and then sodder them together. using certian Stock connections on the GSR wiring harness. Is this correct? Did I understand him right? If so, could someome please outline what I have to do (which wires to cut... pictures would also be nice if at all possible), or even direct me to a webpage that covers this.

I have already tried to search and didn't find anything that could help me out.

To anyone who can help me out and give me some advice, I would greatly appriciate it!!! Thank you very much!!!

[Modified by PSU-TEG, 6:18 AM 11/11/2002]