Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 05:14 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable?

Of course just about any swap can be done with enough money. Anyone care to take a wild guess as to how difficult(and expensive) it would be to swap the RSX-S engine into say a 5G Civic Hatch? I've heard the new block is lighter than the old B18C, plus more HP and Torque, so if it's not that hard of a swap it would make for an interesting ride. Ooh, and the 6spd tranny too.
Old 05-18-2001, 06:00 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (ebyak)

hmm...

1 completely different platform
+
2 engine spins opposite direction
=way too much money for something that could be done cleaner and much easier with a FI b series

Old 05-18-2001, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (eviladam)

anything is possible...but it will require so much custom fab. that you could just buy an RSX at that point.
Old 05-18-2001, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (DragIIcivic)

I dont think its would take THAT much custom work. True the engine now spins the "right" way..but if you swap one in with its respective tranny..it wouldnt be a problem...the mounts and wirings are the two things that are gonna be an issue..and hell..if you can get a H22 in a Civic..Im sure you can ge tthe RSX in one too
Old 05-18-2001, 12:43 PM

Buy the new civic hatchback Si and pay it off then swap in a RSX Type R motor...Just like what we imports are doing to the civic now...same concept but have to wait another 3 to 6 years...Any thing is possible if you got money to do the swap...you just need to do some welding and cutting...seen the new super street...the del sol has the engine in the back and rear wheel drive... way cool...only if i was in japan....
Old 05-18-2001, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (GencivicIII)

i was thinking the same...found out alot more info about it...swapping the K20C (is the engine code)....for 200 hp....i thought that it'd be tight...and original, plus the 6 speed, and you'd be one of the 1st to do a hybrid with the K series engines. The 2001 RS-X and the 2001 Civic Type R come with the same engine...The RS-X Type R I think comes with 210 hp...maybe 215, I forgot. There is alot more info, and I would suggest looking at it every once in a while.....vtec.net news..... www.vtec.net/news there is alot of info on the RS-X type R.....here is one of the links to many good pictures of it, including the Engine Bay of the i-vtec. (K20C5) for RS-X type r
http://www.vtec.net/news/items/677.html

If you wana be original, and have hondas new engine in the 92-95 civic....alot of work has to be done, but if you ask me, the work and $ put into it for the power has no difference than if you stuck a B18C or even an H22A in your car....if you build it, you'll have the same 1/4 mile runs if you built both of 'em right.

Mugen has already been coming out with parts (I saw some headers released in Japan in Super Street).

O wells....just thought i'd let ya know, since i've been wondering the same thing.

laters
Old 05-21-2001, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (poison)

The new CTR coming out is supposed to have the RSX TYPE S motor in it. But the RSX-R motor would be a sweet swap. I like the body style of the new hatch. The back is very reminiscent of the hatchback's in europe (And they have some sweet hatch's).
Old 05-22-2001, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

doesnt the new I-VTEC motors have really friggin complicated wiring? isn't the ECU like super intelligent or something like that. Mechanical **** i can deal with but when it comes to electronical stuff, it's nothing but headaches and isn't the intake manifold in the front and the headers in the back now? sure i assume if you have the money you can do it, but then how come no one has ever dropped a nsx motor or f20c in a civic yet? cause it costs too much
Old 05-22-2001, 10:27 AM
New User

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (DreamSpeed)

I swear the new Honda's (engine and body) are reminding me WAAAAAAY too much of a goddamn Volkswagen... thank god I bought a clean EG and held onto it...
Old 05-22-2001, 08:59 PM
New User

Default Re: Will new RSX Type S engine be swapable? (92Si)

the new CTR is supposed to have like 163lbs-ft of torque @ 6300rpms??? i believe it was around there so i read in Super Street, thats crazy if it has that much torque! i dont care how ugly it is id get a friggin 02 Si just to swap in that motor.....