Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why was the post locked about the guy asking about a k20 head on h block?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:20 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why was the post locked about the guy asking about a k20 head on h block?

anyways to the op

i doubt your freind has it, but you couldve witnessed an h2b swap with this modification.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1346

have fun, don't let these 16 year old ricers flame ya LOL
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: why was the post locked about the guy asking about a k20 head on h block? (civic.slow)

the head gasket here is from an H22, the head is obviously a k20 head

Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

As I understand it, it was a LOT of work to get that head to function properly, and is definitely not your simple "mini-me" style bump in performance for low cost.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (toyomatt84)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As I understand it, it was a LOT of work to get that head to function properly, and is definitely not your simple "mini-me" style bump in performance for low cost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think that was ever implied..............................or stated

Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Sanji

Default Re: (civic.slow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic.slow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

From Page 3:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is not as simple as it sounds. I am going to lock this thread because I would hate to see someone wasting their time on this.. not worth it. for sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From Page 3:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

right and i don't see how this implies or states hat this is a simple build. the op wanted to know if it was possible.

is splitting an atom possible? yes.........is it cost efficent? no...........................is it possible to perform a DIY abortion sure it is!!!! is it a good idea? see what i mean?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 AM
Sanji

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic.slow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

right and i don't see how this implies or states hat this is a simple build. the op wanted to know if it was possible.

is splitting an atom possible? yes.........is it cost efficent? no...........................is it possible to perform a DIY abortion sure it is!!!! is it a good idea? see what i mean? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Right, but the following quote (that you made) states that it was never stated in that thread:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

... which, it was.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right, but the following quote (that you made) states that it was never stated in that thread:

... which, it was.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where?

you just keep going in circles man!

i see what you're tryying to do just try to keep changing subjects!

and which it was was an unsupported statement that is currently being argued......so lets end the it still was not a viable reason to lock the thred.

just becuase something proves you....a moderator wrong......doesnt make a basis for a lock. i admit in that thread i posted that it could not be done. here i am admitting my mistake apprenalty it can be done. nothing was said about cost effciency or cheapness........IMHO its not worth tuning a civic, you can simply BUY a more powerful car, and improve your credit score while you pay it off. but i am still tuning civics.............
Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Sanji

where?

you just keep going in circles man!

i see what you're tryying to do just try to keep changing subjects!

and which it was was an unsupported statement that is currently being argued......so lets end the it still was not a viable reason to lock the thred.

just becuase something proves you....a moderator wrong......doesnt make a basis for a lock. i admit in that thread i posted that it could not be done. here i am admitting my mistake apprenalty it can be done. nothing was said about cost effciency or cheapness........IMHO its not worth tuning a civic, you can simply BUY a more powerful car, and improve your credit score while you pay it off. but i am still tuning civics.............</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice assumption, but I didn't lock that thread.

And, I definitely wasn't proven wrong in this situation, because you insinuated that in the thread on K20A.org, they never stated that the swap was hard. Which Nikos definitely did mention on page 3.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With the right mind and money it is still possible... but I call that it was actually ever done.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: (Bserious)

if it was done and running lets see some pics
Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if it was done and running lets see some pics </TD></TR></TABLE>

true i think it might be possible in some way (maybe..), but i'd like to see it actually done and pics of it. i know the headgaskets are similar but theres a lot more than that involved in trying to get that to work........

i call BS on that till i see pics of it together..

Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (h22crxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

true i think it might be possible in some way (maybe..), but i'd like to see it actually done and pics of it. i know the headgaskets are similar but theres a lot more than that involved in trying to get that to work........

i call BS on that till i see pics of it together..

</TD></TR></TABLE> i agree i meen the post on k20org is from 05 so why is there no pics yet
Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: why was the post locked about the guy asking about a k20 head on h block? (civic.slow)

Why dont you go back and read the original thread.

The kid who wrote it could barely speak english.
What he typed was what could be best described as incoherant babble.

Even with these pics posted , you can see just from the OP's post he really had no idea what he was talking about.

Not to be a dick but if you want to defend your opinions post some pictures of a complete or running motor. Dont post pictures of a headgasket. Many things "look" like they will work . . .