Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please

this is my setup, i have a 95 dx
-jdm type r motor
-using a 95 gsr wiring harness (i modified the injector terminals, dist. wires, etc)
-p28 ecu reprogrammed to type r spec (from sohfast)
-also using evap purge sol from a 95 gsr
problems:
the car started fine but the MIL is on so we groud it to read the code/s...we turn the key in "ON" position and the MIL stayed on (solid), doesnt blink or anything, but the SRS light blinks...we pulled the ground pin out and bypassed the SRS, put the ground pin back in, then same thing happened; the MIL stayed on solid, but this time the SRS blinks like it's throwing a code... 2 long pulses and one quick pulse (like daaaa, daaaa, da) so it's 21, right? then there's a second code: daaaa, da= 11, right? the funny thing is that 21 is for vtec sol (w/c i can understand coz i replaced it for a usdm one) but 11 is not in the helms manual (could be an obd2 code?) what could be the problem? help and thanks

Old 07-24-2002, 08:31 AM

Default Re: who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please (clemens)

any ideas?
Old 07-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please (clemens)

Why did you use the GSr engine harness, was the one that came with the motor cut??? If it wasn't cut it will plug right in (Yes they do reach other barely). I had this done in my hatch while it was running.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:36 PM

Default Re: who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please (Apex i ITR)

thanks for the reply,
i used a gsr (95) harness coz my friend sold it to me for only 60 bucks, so i decided to use it. the jdm harness that came w/ the motor had to go coz it's jdm and is right hand drive... i modified the gsr harness (i had to)coz the injectors, distributor, and alternator plugs didnt fit... i followed the colors of the wiring on each component and re-attached everything.

the car started and the idle is good...i let it run for more than 20 min. and nothing seemed to be wrong i stepped on the gas and let it rev a bit...at around 4k rpm, the car lags (like it hesitates)---what could be the problem? is it my vacuum connections? im using the gsr's (same as civic's) purge canister and also an evap purge from a gsr.
the light (MIL) is still on (solid)...when we ground the connector to read the code, the MIL doesnt blink-it just stays on but the strange thing is that the SRS light is acting like the MIL, throwing codes...this is so weird, what are we doing wrong? should i ditch my gsr harness and get a 97 harness? help!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 06:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

try puttin the jumper pin in the right connector. there r 2 connectors, 1 for MIL codes, 1 for SRS codes. i forget the color, but one is fatter than the other, thats the SRS one. the skinnier one is for MIL codes. then get back to us.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Re: who has/knows jdm type r to 5g swap? 'i need your help please (hondaatwsu)

i got the connectors right 100%...i think my ecu is messed up...but thanks for all the help guys... i'll set the car on fire now...