Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where can i get an ls/vtec??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 03:47 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get an ls/vtec??

i am interested in purchasing an ls/vtec engine from a company that makes them. the reason i want to purchase one is because i feel its more reliable if it comes from a company than if i have a machine shop make it for me. Does anyone know of any places that make and sell ls/vtec engines. Or a website with gsr engines for sale pretty cheap?? please email me back
Old 11-08-2001, 07:38 AM
New User

Default Re: where can i get an ls/vtec?? (integra81)

http://www.importbuilders.com is the only place i know that builds them, they use all good parts, new pistons, valvetrain, jun cam, etc keep in mind it wont be cheap.
Old 11-09-2001, 03:53 AM
jg
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where can i get an ls/vtec?? (integra81)

I've got one i'm selling if you're interested. It's got about 6-8000 miles on it since built by a shop in Chicago two years ago that had done a few prior to this one. It's a new (assembled at the factory) LS shortblock, b16a head rebuilt with factory parts(all stock), ITR cams, ITR intake manifold, aem cam gears, and a B&M fpr. This motor has performed flawlessly in my '94 hatch, and my best 1/4 mile with that motor was a 13..4@104.xx w/ a 1.99-2.0 second 60' time(car is wet up for road race). Everything is pretty clean on the motor(car wasn't driven in the rain) and it has been tuned on the dyno for the proper a/f and pressure settings w/ the p28 ecu that i've already sold. With a better header(I used a DC Sports 4-2-1) and better ecu or Hondata, it would definately make more power! The reason i'm selling it is because i've finally got my b20/vtec in the car and running. I'm in Michigan and would prefer someone pick it up, but can entertain shipping at buyers expense. Send me an e-mail @ jgale00@hotmail.com if you'd like to talk $.

[Modified by jg, 5:25 AM 1/2/2002]