Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ?

hey guys ... since my EG is becoming more and more of a hybrid i'll start posting some questions here .
I have a problem with my setup , I basically get no power from my H22A engine , and curently I'm working my way backwards to see what was done wrong in the setup or what else needs to be added .
Should anyone have anymore info on this setup and want to look at more details about my problems go here and send me a line too :
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=258418
... basically problem right now is that I ran 15.5 with the setup which is just sad because when i race i get the jump all the time and then i just loose midend and high end .

Anywais the main question here was :
since i am now on STOCK civic exhaust , I am planing on an upgrade ASAP . Can anybody tell me what pipe diameter i should go with ?
2.25 ? 2.5 ? 2.75 ?
eventually when i get this setup up and running it will get sprayed and then a turbo should be going in by next summer .
Any sugestions ?
Old 08-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ? (civic.tar.gz)

since i am now on STOCK civic exhaust , I am planing on an upgrade ASAP . Can anybody tell me what pipe diameter i should go with ?
2.25 ? 2.5 ? 2.75 ?
eventually when i get this setup up and running it will get sprayed and then a turbo should be going in by next summer
If you're going to squeeze, or boost in the future, go with at least a 2.5" piping. I run 2.5" on my N/A Lude and it's fine...I have plenty of torque down low.

As for your time, I would expect it to be a little more quicker. Stock Lude's can run low 15's, mid 14's with bolt ons. You should be well into the 14's. Definitely get the swap checked over once again.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:31 AM

Default Re: what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ? (Prelude_RCR)

so should I stick with a 2.5" or a 2.75" ?
I am planing on spraying at least a 75 shot on the engine once it's running well
Old 08-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ? (civic.tar.gz)

up to 170whp, 2 1/4-2 3/8" (55-60MM) is usually more then fine, from a well built system (mandrel bent no bottle necks)
2 1/2 (65-70MM) is good for 10-250whp on N/A motors, from a well built system
and this is where you will roughly fit.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:58 AM

Default Re: what exhaust on a H22A EG sedan ? (eg6ajk)

got it ... seems to be 2.50 ... i was gonna wait and say thanx tomorow cuz of my post limits but ah well
thx everbody again 4 the info