Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a difference ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what a difference ...

im currently running a chipped P28on an NA ITR motor. the car runs good and all but yesterday i swapped Ecu's with some guy that programs them locally, and my car felt like night and day. The ecu had a smaller housing and he said it was a modified Mugen program.

has anyone tested these diffrent programs to see what works best ?
Old 10-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what a difference ... (SPOONfdEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOONfdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im currently running a chipped P28on an NA ITR motor. the car runs good and all but yesterday i swapped Ecu's with some guy that programs them locally, and my car felt like night and day. The ecu had a smaller housing and he said it was a modified Mugen program.

has anyone tested these diffrent programs to see what works best ?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

who programmed your current P28 ecu and with what 'supposed' program? or I should ask who is your daddy and who does he work for?

The real obd1 mugen program is a real power maker, totally noticeable throttle response soon as you plug n' play, but a real ***...err..gas guzzler.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: what a difference ... (Katman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who programmed your current P28 ecu and with what 'supposed' program? or I should ask who is your daddy and who does he work for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 10-22-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Re: what a difference ... (VTECVillain)

the guy that did my ecu is Jason, (blown90hatch). real cool guy.
he told me it was an all motor program.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOONfdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the guy that did my ecu is Jason, (blown90hatch). real cool guy.
he told me it was an all motor program.</TD></TR></TABLE>

perhaps Jason didn't have the real mugen program when he chipped your P28 ecu *shrugs shoulders*
Old 10-22-2003, 04:30 PM

no no , he never told me that he was giving me the Mugen program. we agreed that he was gonna send me an "all motor" program that he said workes really good. Like I said the car runs good but I tried a modified Mugen chip from some local guy and my car felt like it woke up Nasty. I dont remember the code on the ECU but it had a smaller housing than my P28.
What program do you suggest Katman, from your experience ? and thanks
Old 10-23-2003, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOONfdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no no , he never told me that he was giving me the Mugen program. we agreed that he was gonna send me an "all motor" program that he said workes really good. Like I said the car runs good but I tried a modified Mugen chip from some local guy and my car felt like it woke up Nasty. I dont remember the code on the ECU but it had a smaller housing than my P28.
What program do you suggest Katman, from your experience ? and thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahh ok...
smaller case'd ecu eh? prolly just a reprogrammed P08 or P30 ecu.
I suggest the OBD1 Mugen program to most of my customers....its by far one the best programs out, makes way good power and is tottally noticeable as soon as you plug it in (as you experienced), and is best fine tuned on the dyno with a fuel/vtec controller.

Old 10-23-2003, 01:13 PM

does the smaller housing have any effect on the ecu program that is being used ? or are all the settings in that one main chip?
thanks , Mandy
Old 10-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOONfdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does the smaller housing have any effect on the ecu program that is being used ? or are all the settings in that one main chip?
thanks , Mandy</TD></TR></TABLE>

some like to think the smaller JDM ecu's run better than the normal sized ecu's....I think thats just pure dung.

A programmed eprom works just the same on any ecu you apply it to, of course depending on what the program is burned to the eprom chip. In this case a mugen OBD1 program will work just the same on any OBD1 civic/integra VTEC ecu. The programmed eprom controls the way the ecu thinks. So if I put a mugen program on your currently chipped P28 that Jason did, it should feel just like the mugen chip you tested out recently that felt orgasmically amazing to your *** dyno.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:36 PM

that's what i figured, once you program the chip it shouldnt matter what size the ecu housing is. thanks for clearing that up bro. as far as him telling me that it was a modified mugen , that could mean just about anything that he altered to the mugen program right ?
Old 10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOONfdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as him telling me that it was a modified mugen , that could mean just about anything that he altered to the mugen program right ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, he could have drastically changed the fuel+timing maps or have simply changed the vtec & redline points.