Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went from lsvtec to crvtec help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went from lsvtec to crvtec help

ok i have both motors out did it last night ok this morning i go and take the ls block parts off and throw em on the b20 now theres a few differences on the ls block ill have pics up tomorrow, but here are the few things i noticed....

theres a black canister on the block for oil
an oil sensor with the shaft about 2 inches long into the block(was not plugged in with ls vtec)
an extra sensor with two pins sticking out

my question is, will i be using the canister when the b20 has no place to put it into,

the oil sensor was never plugged in what is it? and would i need it?

the extra sensor with two pins sticking out my brother broke yesterday im not sure wahht its called someone help so that i can go buy another one.

sorry its not detailed but if i have pics youd know, ill have pics up tomorrow because i do not have hte usb cable on me. thanks in advance.

update:

broken prong and oil sensor slot i didnt take a pic of the sensor itself but if you need ill show you a pic it was never plugged in though

and heres the can

Modified by gaydm.accord at 9:17 PM 11/28/2003
Old 11-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok that canister is most likely your charcoal canister and is not for oil, its for emission purposes. and this broken sensor, what color?
what kind of vehicle is this going into? i know in 92-95 civics the charcoal can. is on the firewall. more info, so we can help you out.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry bout that its going into an ek. and the sensor thats not in use is green and that other one that is broke is chrome with two prongs sticking out
Old 11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pics up
Old 11-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: went from lsvtec to crvtec help (gaydm.accord)

The green 2 prong sensor is the radiator fan switch. Did the LS/Vtec come out of the EK? In the 1st gen B motors, the fan switch was in the back of the block like yours, but the 2nd and newer generations had that switch in the thermostat neck on the front of the block, and the sensor looks different.

The oil pressure switch is an on/off switch, and all it does is turn on the dummy light on the dash if your oil pressure gets too low. Put it back in and wire it up. It could save your motor.

The black can on the block is the oil seperator can. It takes crankcase pressure, and seperates some of the oil vapour from it before passing the crankcase pressure into the intake manifold through the PCV valve. The B20 doesn't have this can. It vents the crankcase pressure through the oil passages in the head and out through the valve cover. That is where the PCV is on a B20. You'll have to get creative, and find a way to mount the can on the firewall, plug the big *** hole, and plumb it up like the factory intended.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jaker is correct
Old 11-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that means the oil seperator can is a must? and would i have to make my own hole on the block? because there is also a hole going straight into the ls block(b18a1) so being that this is from ls block could i use original oil seperater can thats already on the ek firewall(i think thats what it is, anyone have pics or diagram on this also

can anyone show me or direct me to a wiring diagram for the oil pressure switch(there was never a plug also).

and for the 2 prong sensor the radiator fan switch i could just cut the two clips that go onto the prong and wire it up to the back of another sensor?(male side going into female on thermostat housing)

for now i will be using search button to find out how other b20vtec's have done theres
Old 11-29-2003, 02:03 AM

try this site out it showed me how to do the pvc when i did my b20 swap

http://honda.hybrids.jp

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...shtml