Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird vtec problem???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weird vtec problem???

it's a ls/vtec and i just got a jdm p30 yesterday to wire the necessary sensors and switches. when i re-attatched the battery and started up i got code 22 (pressure switch). that was the only code...i let it warm and proceeded to test drive anyway. i ran up and through 1st gear slowly as i usually do to feel and hear the cam switch. well though i had a pressure switch code, it DID cam. oh yeah, the motor is boosted 8psi. no problems with detonation. ignoring the check light, it drove strong as hell. so i went back to check out the pressure switch thing and, to make a long story short, it turns out that it was pinned to d5(empty) and not d6 where it was supposed to be at. i switched it and cleared the code. started back up with no cel. took it for another drive and same 1st gear climb to check for the camming effect, but this time there was no tug then the rpm didn't blast up like normal? it seems like it's just as fast but there is no obvious crossover? i have let numerous people drive and ride to see if they can tell a switch. they can't tell and most people think it's not switching. i kinda think it is though i can't hear it. it's like there's a 2nd turbo spooling up and there is a lot of power past 6k unlike before when i was only riding aroung with just the low cam. any input or advise? thanks.