Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird h2b timing question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird h2b timing question

the basic question is:
Will the car (h22a1) run if the distuributor timing is set to 0 degrees, will the ecu compensate?

Back story:
My h2b has been running for about 7000 miles now, and i am now starting to mess around with tuning it. it was running the stock p13 before. i have checked timing before and i always thought that i had it set to 16 degrees. but i recently took off the cam gears and put them back on, so maybe i messed something up. the timing mark on the qsd h2b flywheel spacer is TDC right? my cam gears are at tdc with the flywheel mark are at tdc, so i think that is correct. when i go to check timing though..... the mark on the flywheel is at 0 degrees with a timing light, and thats with the distributor advanced all the way forward. car doesnt feel sluggish at all but it does take 7-8 cranks from a cold start before car starts. will the car even run if its really set at 0 degrees? or am i reading that one timing mark incorrectly...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weird h2b timing question

nevermind.... brain fart.... guess my working 6 days straight wiht only 5 hours sleep each night is getting to me, this thread can be deleted lol

*edit*
ok i think im way overthinking this.... its an adjustable timing light, isnt it suppose to set to wahtever degrees on timing gun, say 16 degrees, and that is checked against the tdc mark? so the gun is saying 0 degrees and tdc mark is lined up, doesnt that mean its on 0 degrees?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's how I thought it was. You would only adjust it if you wanted to advance timing. But your dizzy shouldn't be advanced all the way.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would the car even run if it was really set at 0 degrees? its been at this setting since i started driving the car i think..... the cam gears match the tdc mark on the flywheel so im not sure what else i can adjust....