Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VX harness on B series?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VX harness on B series?

I know its been covered, but the info is vague and pics no worky. So, If I use my VX harness and lets say I use the VX O2 sensor, then no mods have to be done there. It already has the 2 vtec plugs right? Does it have a knock sensor plug? Can someone just break it down for me, what will I have to change (specifically). Sorry for asking this question, its been covered, but Ive searched and still am not 100 percent sure here. (car is a 92 VX) b18a block (LSVTEC)
Old 10-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: VX harness on B series? (Mentat Ghola)

You cannot use the VX O2 sensor with any ECU except the VX ECU. If you are using the VX harness you must convert the wiring to support a 4 wire O2. This requires some rewiring of both the engine and chassis side. The VX harness doesn't have a knock sensor, you will need to add that plug and the IAB (GSR/H22) if needed. The VTEC solenoid, pressure switch, and EGR (for H22's) are all present though.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: VX harness on B series? (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You cannot use the VX O2 sensor with any ECU except the VX ECU. If you are using the VX harness you must convert the wiring to support a 4 wire O2. This requires some rewiring of both the engine and chassis side. The VX harness doesn't have a knock sensor, you will need to add that plug and the IAB (GSR/H22) if needed. The VTEC solenoid, pressure switch, and EGR (for H22's) are all present though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

would you recomend using a B series harness? Cause I have one available. And I have a 4 wire O2 sensor. what mods will I have to do to car harness?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned the VX harness will be tricky, but in order to get it to work, you'll have to extend the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch wiring as well as that one plug on the back of the block (not the knock sensor, but I can't think of the name right now). You'll also need to cut out about a foot of the loom around the O2 sensor wiring and separate it (reloom the rest of the harness if you want) so that it will reach the back of the block as opposed to the front where D series O2 sensors are. Being that it's an LS/VTEC, I'm assuming you'll be running an ECU that doesn't require a knock sensor so that eliminates that problem.

It's easier to just use a B series harness and run the VTEC wires separate from the harness.