Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very techincal problem, Help, Help, Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 01:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very techincal problem, Help, Help, Help !!!

I have recently installed an MSD system on my N/A GSR motor which is in a 93 hb. The MSD system came of my friend's GSR on which it worked perfect for the past two years. After installing the system on my car including the distributor that he had wired, I drove for about 3 days, before the car died on me. Imediately I thought that it had to be the distributor cap or the rotor since the motor was sort of cutting out. When I changed the cap and the rotor I discoverd that that was not the problem. I then located the problem to the igniter, which I replaced. That seemed to fix the problem, but after 5 days of perfect performace from my car it died again, but this time it was a little different since I can not rev past 2200rpm or it will start chocking, under 2200rpm it works fine. Well, knowing that ignitor might be the problem I changed 4 of them without any luck. I rewired the whole MSD system as well as I checked each individual part of the MSD with my other friend's MSD parts (Digital 6, external coil, wires, MSD distributor cap), so I belive the MSD is working fine, but I still have no solution to my problem. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Old 08-07-2001, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Very techincal problem, Help, Help, Help !!! (Screamer)

check the reply in the other forum