Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vacuum routing help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum routing help

I replaced my my intake manifold with aebs, and need help with vacuum routing. I have a b16 sir in a 93 civic hatch. I'm not sure were most of the stuff is supposed to plug in. It was messed up before the intake manifold was installed, I'm just trying to fix everything.

First problem is the vacuum line from the top of the FPR isn't going anywhere. On the diagram, it looks like its supposed to plug into someplace on the firewall, but I can't find it.

Second problem is the two-way valve routing on the charcoil canister. One hose is supposed to go the throttle body, but for some reason mine doesn't have an inlet. A post here has it, but for some reason I don't. The other hose is supposed to go to the firewall somewhere; again I can't find where.

Next, there is a hose coming up from under the intake manifold(comes up through a hole between second and third runner). On my old manifold, it just plugged into an inlet on the front of the manifold. New manifold doesn't have an inlet on the front of the manifold, So I just got a longer house and plugged it into the back. I'm not sure if thats where its supposed to go. I've have put pics below.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: vacuum routing help (miataguy)

hose from the fpr goes to the intake manifold. u dont have to do it bythe daigram as long as it eventually goes to the manifold. actually all vacuum hoses eventually go to the manifold.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: vacuum routing help (miataguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miataguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
First problem is the vacuum line from the top of the FPR isn't going anywhere. On the diagram, it looks like its supposed to plug into someplace on the firewall, but I can't find it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like you are missing the purge control valve solenoid. Without the "PCVS" that hose running from the IM to the canister is basically doing nothing.

Take the small hose you have running from the charcoal canister to the IM off, attach it to the FPR (FPR to IM), and cap off the small port on the canister.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Re: vacuum routing help (JV)

Do i need to use the charcoal canister? What is it used for? Can i just bypass it?