Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit?

I was quite surprised when I went on the Hasport site today (after not going there for a REALLY long time) and finding that they actually make a mount kit for swaping a J-series V6 into a 1992-1995 EG Civic! You can do a J30 from an Accord, or a J32 (including the 270HP Type-S version!) from an Acura CL/TL. Talk about one hell of a swap! I'm sure you can probably pick up a V6 for less money than a K-series that has MUCH less power and (ESPECIALLY) torque. Don't believe me about the kit? Here it is: http://hasport.com/shop/produc...d=195. Has anyone actually tried this swap yet? Or is the kit just too new? After all, I can't find ANYTHING here about this kit.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit? (StorminMatt)

I think it would be a good swap if you were just doing the swap alone. No turbo kit, nos, or na build. I could be wrong and they could come out with a bunch of stuff for the J series but the supply and demand is much higher for b/d/h/k series motors.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That would be nice for a DD, but wiring would cost you more plus misc parts would have to be custom. Towards the end I think a K series would be better. my 2 cents
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit? (StorminMatt)

http://honda-portal.com/honda-...d=198

Looks like it's been done.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit? (B18CivicEJ8)

wow that so [freak]en sweat
Old 10-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is nice, How much for the type-s TL motor tho?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Nic

Default Re: (ImporTProphetZ)

non type-s cl 3.2 motor is about a grand
http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/...3.0CL
Old 10-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Nic)

how would you do the wiring. the car is only wired for 4 injectors and 4 spark plugs. would need coustom chassy harness
Old 10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (downeyballz)

what about a shift linkage? maybe a j2b swap
Old 10-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rlbatton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it would be a good swap if you were just doing the swap alone. No turbo kit, nos, or na build. I could be wrong and they could come out with a bunch of stuff for the J series but the supply and demand is much higher for b/d/h/k series motors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You might be right about not being able to mod much. But the point is that these motors are capable of putting out the kinds of HP that would be quite difficult to come by with even a heavily modded four-banger. Even the 3.2L non-Type-S TL motor puts out up to around 250HP, with torque well north of 200ft-lb - figures that would be quite hard (in the case of HP) to damn near impossible (in the case of torque) from any non-boosted four banger. Oh, and for a price that is MUCH less. Of course, the Type-S ups the ante to 270HP. And, according to my converation with Hasport, the 3.5L motors (for instance, the Odyssey) can be used as well. These motors can put out up to 300HP, with more torque than a Civic could probably ever use. With these kinds of figures, I could live with having a motor that is 100% bone-stock.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by downeyballz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how would you do the wiring. the car is only wired for 4 injectors and 4 spark plugs. would need coustom chassy harness</TD></TR></TABLE>

It would be jus like wiring for any other swap in this respect. Much like swapping, say, a MPFI motor in a DPFI 1988-1991 Civic DX, you would have to add a couple of wires through the firewall for the extra injectors. Of course, you would have to add extra wires for the spark plugs as well, since I believe all these engines use a distributerless ignition.

Modified by StorminMatt at 12:56 AM 10/4/2008
Old 10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StorminMatt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnaoVuhr0w
Old 10-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (keithg)

the new accord or tl's are a one whole wiring harness i would just use that one
Old 10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by downeyballz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about a shift linkage? maybe a j2b swap</TD></TR></TABLE>

the shifting on a J trans is the same setup as a K trans. cable shifted.

is there more info on this swap? i've searched and havn't found much. do people manage to get there hoods closed? what type of axles are used?

Old 10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres a few videos of this swap on youtube, it seems like the hoods have been raised. I wish some1 would do a step by step of this swap. It sounds sickkk
Old 10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Riced-EL)

i'd drop thousands on a J32 swap before i'd spend the same on a type r swap. all that torque? and the v6 motors have a 7K redline what more could you ask for? not to mention that amazing exhaust note.

if anyone can provide more info, speak up!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok im doing this. but i want to use a 3.5. my only problem i finding a flywheel for it. any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (r710)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r710 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok im doing this. but i want to use a 3.5. my only problem i finding a flywheel for it. any suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

use the one from the TL 6 speed.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet, thanks.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (r710)

I think once the originators of this swap are done hording the limelight, and get their magazine articles and what not done on their car info will become more plentiful... I'm sure we'll see it in a honda-tuning shortly with more details, then once a few people buy the mounts we'll surely have somebody on H-T willing to share all the pics of what needs to be cut/modded etc... Things were the same way when the k20 mounts came out for the Fit... However, Hasport has had these mounts available since June I believe. I too am extremely curious about just how hard this swap is, because right now it sounds too good to be true. Makes me sick to my stomache knowing how many J30, j32, j35 short blocks and heads I've passed up now. Atleast a dozen in the last three years of working @ a dealership J37 in the 2010 TL awd is going to have 305 hp stock, these things def have potential, and the MDX has hollow camshafts and magnesium intake manifold... Lots of OEM hot parts for them. **** and think about how many cars use the jv6 Accord, Pilot, Odyssey, TL, Ridgeline, RL. Super abundant.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AK_CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AK_CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think once the originators of this swap are done hording the limelight, and get their magazine articles and what not done on their car info will become more plentiful... </TD></TR></TABLE>

It would be negligent to do it any other way don't you think?

I'll get the installation instructions up on the website later today so you guys can get a sense of what's involved. I'll also do a general write-up of the swap for some more insight. Maybe in the next three or four days i can get it done. Another youtube is probably in order too.

brian g
Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aint no replacement for displacement.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Professor15)

this amazing
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 AM

Default Re: (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll get the installation instructions up on the website later today so you guys can get a sense of what's involved. I'll also do a general write-up of the swap for some more insight. Maybe in the next three or four days i can get it done. Another youtube is probably in order too.

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to see that write-up. This has me seriously reconsidering the future of my H22
Old 10-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (AK_CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AK_CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think once the originators of this swap are done hording the limelight, and get their magazine articles and what not done on their car info will become more plentiful... I'm sure we'll see it in a honda-tuning shortly with more details, then once a few people buy the mounts we'll surely have somebody on H-T willing to share all the pics of what needs to be cut/modded etc... Things were the same way when the k20 mounts came out for the Fit... However, Hasport has had these mounts available since June I believe. I too am extremely curious about just how hard this swap is, because right now it sounds too good to be true. Makes me sick to my stomache knowing how many J30, j32, j35 short blocks and heads I've passed up now. Atleast a dozen in the last three years of working @ a dealership J37 in the 2010 TL awd is going to have 305 hp stock, these things def have potential, and the MDX has hollow camshafts and magnesium intake manifold... Lots of OEM hot parts for them. **** and think about how many cars use the jv6 Accord, Pilot, Odyssey, TL, Ridgeline, RL. Super abundant. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It would be negligent to do it any other way don't you think?

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, I wasn't complaining! Just offering a thesis on why there's no info yet! A moment in the limelight is well deserved, we're waiting patiently.

Quick Reply: V6 swap - Anybody done it with the new Hasport kit?