Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to solve new Code 43, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to solve new Code 43, please help!

90 Civic SI with B18C (JDM GSR) Swap, OBD1 ECU and wiring.

Car recently began throwing an intermittent code 43 (Fuel supply system), no symptoms at ALL when the code comes on, but other symptoms do exist.

Recent symptoms:
Engine seems to stumble when decelerating in gear, Example: 40 Mph in 3rd gear, take foot off gas pedal and engine has a few random stumbles while slowing down.
Engine has occasional strange throttle "on/off" behavior when trying to maintain speed, see below.
When starting warm engine (Ex. Driven to temp, let sit for 10 minutes, start again) throttle has a very jerky "on/off" response, almost no "medium" throttle. This can make for a very "jerky" ride in low gears (like in a parking lot).

Other:
The engine is pulling strong and hard through all RPMs when at WOT, other than this intermittent code and throttle behavior, she runs like a champ.
I have tried to locate any possible vacuum leaks and so far I haven't found anything.
Inspected injectors yesterday, some of them have cracked and chiped "shrouds" on the tips of them, but otherwise the actual sprayers look pretty clean.

Recently replaced: O2 Sensor, TPS sensor.

Any advice on this is much appreciated!
Old 10-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trying to solve new Code 43, please help!

Update: I decided to do some more inspecting with the injectors. I started the car and let it warm up. While idling I went and wiggled the wires on the injectors, I found that when wiggling the wires to the first injector (closest to the dizzy) the engine would bog, rev up and down and almost sputter to a halt.

I am now going to swap this injector with it's neighbor to try and determine if its the injector or the wiring.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by DeCoY; 10-29-2017 at 04:43 PM.