Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny questions

So I have a few ideeas and I wanted to run them by you ppl to see if i'm on the right track . Also they come with a few questinos .
Curently i'm running an h22a with the stock prelude tranny in a civic . I will be going turbo next year .
nr 1. longer gears alwais = better for turbo ... right ?
nr 2. accord gears are longer than lude gears ... right ?
nr 3. can i just ADD the LSD to a tranny or do I have to buy the tranny with LSD ... if so I could add it , what would be the price to buy it ?
nr 4. basically i was thinking of getting the accord gearing and the LSD in a turbo ready tranny ... what do u guys think ? Could I just add LSD to an accord tranny or do I have to buy a h22a tranny with LSD and rebuilt it with accord gears ?
Should all gears be left long from the accord ? Should a hybrid tranny be built ?
Any ideeas ?
-------------------------------------
a bit off topic here but when i drag race my car everything seems fine , however when i drive fast and i want to drop it from 5th to 3rd say ... at ... 130 kmph my third will kinda grind ... i tried double clutching before it same thing ... harsh grind ... now if i'm going like 150 in third and i wanna put it back into 5th ... my 5th will grind ...
so then question : Are my syncros bad ? Should I go back to the shop that installed my engine ? It was done 1 month ago and the first time I ever went fast with the car and droped it to third I noticed the grind ...

thnx for wasting u're time with me