Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TP, MAP, vtec pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TP, MAP, vtec pressure

Throttle postion Sensor
MAP sensor
vtec pressure sensor

where are they>? those are my CEL's
what can i do to get rid of those CEL's?
and where are they located?
can i use the sensors from my old cx motor?

(b16 into an eg cx hatch)
Old 07-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: TP, MAP, vtec pressure (yellowmonkeyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Throttle position Sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

The TPS is on the throttle body toward the back of the motor. It is attached to the throttle blade, so if you follow that you will find it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MAP sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

The MAP sensor is sitting on top of the throttle body. It has three wires going to it. It is the only sensor directly on top of the throttle body.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">vtec pressure sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is under the Vtec solenoid (a little to the bottom left of it). It should have Two wires going into it. A blue/black and a black.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what can i do to get rid of those CEL's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The MAP and the TPS are the same plug is I would switch them around and see if that does the trick. If you had the TPS and MAP sensors switched that would give you poor gas mileage. The Vtec Pressure Switch, I would check the wiring to see if you made a mistake.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i use the sensors from my old cx motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The MAP you can. Not sure about the TPS but I think you can (please someone help him with that) and the Vtec pressure switch your CX did not have.

I hope that helps!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TP, MAP, vtec pressure (turbogixxer)

thanks you helped a lot with my swap turbogixxer, if you were here id buy you a steak
Old 07-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TP, MAP, vtec pressure (yellowmonkeyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowmonkeyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks you helped a lot with my swap turbogixxer, if you were here id buy you a steak </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea...he's a great guy.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:25 PM

Default Re: TP, MAP, vtec pressure (Kris)

the tps sensor is interchangable from my dx motor anyways.. think yours is the same way too