Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

totaljdm.com experiences and comments

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default totaljdm.com experiences and comments

any of you ever order any engine swaps from TotalJDM.com >? how was it/ good people? quality service? good engine and customer support?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: totaljdm.com experiences and comments (JinDIESEL)

I ordered a motor from there, they didn't have it in stock. They assured me it would be in very shortly. I waited almost 2 months and they never emailed/called me so I assumed they didn't want my business so I took my wad of cash somewhere else *shrug*

They seemed nice and helpful on the phone but when you never get back to me for that long and I'm trying to give you money/business ?! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the company ...

Si

Old 08-15-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: totaljdm.com experiences and comments (simon98h22)

Don't deal with totaljdm I have had many firends get fucked by them on all sorts of motors and parts.They get the shitty motors that are in terrible shape.If your going to deal with totaljdm you should just give your money away because whatever you get isn't going to work and if it does maybe a month at most.I live pretty close to totaljdm and they have the worst rep around search on here for the nightmares.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've heard a few bad things about totaljdm.com. try this place: http://www.jdmsource.ca/ , i've delt with two motors from them and delt with staff over the phone. great customer service and they have great pre-shipping proceedures. motor harness is in tact, not cut like most, and they even make sure that the TPS sensor doesn't get damaged during shipping

edit. they also got real good prices....
Old 08-16-2004, 01:58 AM

Really? I've gotten 7 motors from totaljdm.com each one has been in pristine shape, and I mean MINT. Been to they're wharehouse (its local to me) and its pretty small but of 30 motors, 1 looked bad and what do you know, it wasnt for sale. Sorry to hear a few of you have had bad exp, mine's been awesome.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: (dropt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dropt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really? I've gotten 7 motors from totaljdm.com each one has been in pristine shape, and I mean MINT. Been to they're wharehouse (its local to me) and its pretty small but of 30 motors, 1 looked bad and what do you know, it wasnt for sale. Sorry to hear a few of you have had bad exp, mine's been awesome.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope this will be the same for me wen i get my engine.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: totaljdm.com experiences and comments (89cr-ls)

i know this alittle off topic but with the b20 which ecu would be used? i got a 98 and about to get a b20 myself and already got a tranny just need the motor and ecu, and other parts to ensure the b20 fit etc.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: totaljdm.com experiences and comments (civicsi940)

If you see anything negative being said about TotalJDM, we invite you to send us a possible link or story.

We strive to ensure every customer is nothing less than satisfied, so more than often when you hear something terrible being said about this company, they are false statements, or a competitor with alot of time on his hands.

Take care,

Andre
andre@totaljdm.com
Old 08-16-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: totaljdm.com experiences and comments (TotalJDM.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TotalJDM.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you see anything negative being said about TotalJDM, we invite you to send us a possible link or story.

We strive to ensure every customer is nothing less than satisfied, so more than often when you hear something terrible being said about this company, they are false statements, or a competitor with alot of time on his hands.

Take care,

Andre
andre@totaljdm.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

word up, dre. i just got the engine.. but i havent opened it from the plastic cover you put over it since we havent gotten to installing it yet.. i hope everything turns out good man.. ill let you know
Old 08-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered my 97 ITR engine from them. Engine is in good shape, and runs nicely. However, they seemed a little unorganized. They told me the engine was in stock and when the funds were received it would ship out and I'd have it in 5-7 business days. Two months later, and a lot of phone calls, emails, and chatting online, I received my engine. Fine, not a big deal for me, since the engine was in really good shape. I spoke to Andre through most of the deal and he's proved helpful.

Since it took me a while to get my engine they said they would send me a CTR cluster to make things good. I still haven't received it, but spoke with Andre today and said they haven't come across any yet and as soon as they get one they will send it to me.

The quality of the engine was really good, but I didn't like the fact that I had to contact them most of the time. That is my biggest complaint, which Andre assured me he will keep me updated on the cluster deal. Getting in touch with them wasn't too hard, as Andre could probably tell you, as they do offer a few different contact methods (and I used them all!).

I guess the overall experience was ok because I got a good engine in the end.
-Brian

Old 08-18-2004, 06:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89cr-ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've heard a few bad things about totaljdm.com. try this place: http://www.jdmsource.ca/ , i've delt with two motors from them and delt with staff over the phone. great customer service and they have great pre-shipping proceedures. motor harness is in tact, not cut like most, and they even make sure that the TPS sensor doesn't get damaged during shipping

edit. they also got real good prices.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

How long does shipping for them take? and how much does it cost?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89cr-ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've heard a few bad things about totaljdm.com. try this place: http://www.jdmsource.ca/ , i've delt with two motors from them and delt with staff over the phone. great customer service and they have great pre-shipping proceedures. motor harness is in tact, not cut like most, and they even make sure that the TPS sensor doesn't get damaged during shipping

edit. they also got real good prices.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

6g's for a K20a2! That is ridiculous.