Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle angle sensor came apart on me when removing, anyone know how to reassemble TA internals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle angle sensor came apart on me when removing, anyone know how to reassemble TA internals?

It seems to be common practice for engine sellers to distribute engines with either no throttle angle sensor, or to let it be damaged in shipping. My motor was no exception and as such I needed to swap either the sensors or the throttle bodies between motors. I chose to swap just the sensors which involved drilling out the rivets on my B17A (old engine), placing the sensor onto the B16A (new engine), and tightening the torx screws on the new throttlebody.

I don't know if this is common when swapping throttle sensors, but the whole thing came apart on me in transit to the new motor. The pieces are a spring, rotor, and black casing that are all held down on the throttle body by two torx screws.

I tried reassembling these but haven't had much luck to this point. I've done searches on the board and on the internet, and wanted to know if anyone had experience with this before I tried my hand at it again. I also know that Honda only sells this with the TB itself so my only other option is to buy a used or new (aftermarket) throttlebody made for my vehicle. The only thing I can't figure out is how the spring attaches to everything else. I think I have the rotor orientation with respect to the black housing figured out. Here are the pictures:

Old 03-04-2002, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Throttle angle sensor came apart on me when removing, anyone know how to reassemble TA internals

Back to the top.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle angle sensor came apart on me when removing, anyone know how to reassemble TA internals

damn that sucks dude. I think you might be in the market for a new throttle body.