Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDC sensor .... Help with repairs and probable causes

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TDC sensor .... Help with repairs and probable causes

My friend just swapped in a JDM Type-r block and head but used his old GSR cams so we had to re-time the engine and then swap it in. First we were having a problem with the IACV (code 14) then finally that got running fine.

Today he called me up saying his car just stopped and wouldn't start. After tearing into it in the middle of a highway he told me there was no spark and he was throughing a TDC sensor code (code 8). I am not seeing any link between the spark and the TDC sensor other than they are both in the dizzy. Any ideas ? Please post or talk to coptzer. Thanks for atleast looking and reading.

By the way it is a 94 GSR with a type-r jdm block and head but with gsr cams and a gsr tranny using a CTR portflowed intake manifold and a GSR throttle body. He is either using a stock p28 or a stock p72 ecu. I forget which he has at this point of time. Any helping hints or tips would be appreciated.

-Kris-