Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap Help ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Help ASAP!!

Hello All,

I sold a friend of mine a b17a1 obd-1 engine. The ecu i had running on this engine was a p28 chipped skunk2. He took the engine to a shop to get a swap done. Keep in mind I had this engine on my 1994 integra with its obd1 harness and it was running great with no problems at all. Now he had this engine placed in a 1990 civic hatch which had the obd-0 wiring so he purchased the conversion harness from obd-0 to obd-1. The problem he is having now is that when he drives the car fine without pushing it it's ok and nothing bad happens...but when he goes full open throttle the engine stops the car as if he were applying his brakes...only happens at full open throttle though...pretty weird...he told me the guys at the shop used the throttle body of his old b16 manifold rather than the throttle body of the manifold that was already on the swap i sold him...I don't know if it were because of a plug not plugging up or what...but now he can't drive the car hard because it stops the car...pretty weird...any ideas?....please help asap because now that guy thinks i sold him a messed up engine and the engine was in perfect shape and he even helped me drop it out of my car so they can put it on his...he even saw the car running but oh well...any help would be great...thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Swap Help ASAP!! (unix4linux)

Is the shop that did the swap for him a reliable shop that does good work? I would first take it back to the shop and have them check over their work. Explain the problems to them and see if they will at least check it out. If not, then I would go to somewhere or someone that will. Since they did the OBD1 conversion, it's possible that the wiring could be the problem.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Swap Help ASAP!! (VTECVillain)

Thanks VTECVillain...I will tell my friend to do that because I know the motor works...I built it about 22k miles ago I just don't have much experience with wiring/obd conversions...so I am sure the wiring is the problem...besides my friend still owes me $1k from the engine and I don't want him to use this problem as an excuse to not pay me