Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

B16 engine swap help

Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Trial User

Default B16 engine swap help

Hello, this is my first post on the forums and I'm looking for some insight. I recently did an engine swap, (obd2b B16a2 form a 99 si) into an (obd2a 97 civic ex). I completed the swap about 6 months ago and it has been working fine. But I have a few problems I can't seem to figure out. First of all my tac and speedometer aren't working. I know this has to do with the differences between obd2a car and obd2b engine harness. I was wondering what the best way to fix this would be.
I've heard you can just swap the engine harness to obd2a however I dont know what extras I would need to wire in if I did the swap.
I do plan on running an obd1 ecu with a jumper harness in the near future. I would also consider just swapping the engine harness to obd1 but I know this comes with complications such as distributor and injectors needing to be rewired.

And help and information is greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: