Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap H22A7 into Accord coupe CG4 - need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap H22A7 into Accord coupe CG4 - need help

Hi there,

first of all, let me tell you that I'm from Germany, so i apologize for mistakes in my sentences. I hope you will understand me anyway

I own an Accord coupe CG4 with the F20B5 engine and like to swap a H22A7 (from Accord Type R CH1) into it.
What I already found out is that the mechanical part to swap the engines is quite easy, but I'm wondering if the pipings (is this the right word in this relation? :D ) for the A/C compressor and the power steering pump will still fit?

Another thing I read is that the engine harness plugs will mechanically fit, but the pin assignment is (completely) different. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if yes, can someone give me a pinout?

Another thing I've been thinking about is the immobilizer... I already swapped a H22A5 into a 5th gen. Prelude who before had a F20A4. There I only had to open both ECUs and solder the immobilzer chip from the old into the H22A5 ECU. I guess this is the way it will work in the Accord-Swap, right?

So far my thoughts, I hope someone can help me with some informations.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: swap H22A7 into Accord coupe CG4 - need help

Guten tag, Starbird!

The AC compressor and power steering pump should swap over, theoretically you don't even need to disconnect the lines, they will bolt to the H22 block. I'm not sure of the wiring, that will be a bridge you'll have to cross when you get there. I can't imagine the plugs being very different, if at all given the similarity of engine and the cars they were put in.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi Tachi and thanks for your reply.

Yes, but the electrical part is the one i'm worried about... I read different things about it, but nothing I can really count on :-/
Old 02-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What you're going to have to do is get the new engine, its harness and ECU, and start comparing plugs. Given that the F20B is a destroked H22 with a hotter head, the sensors and vacuum lines should all be similar. It *may* be as simple as simply swapping out the short block, and then fitting an aftermarket ECU and having it tuned, but its hard to judge without both harnesses in front of oneself.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Starbird
Hi there,

first of all, let me tell you that I'm from Germany, so i apologize for mistakes in my sentences. I hope you will understand me anyway

I own an Accord coupe CG4 with the F20B5 engine and like to swap a H22A7 (from Accord Type R CH1) into it.
What I already found out is that the mechanical part to swap the engines is quite easy, but I'm wondering if the pipings (is this the right word in this relation? :D ) for the A/C compressor and the power steering pump will still fit?

Another thing I read is that the engine harness plugs will mechanically fit, but the pin assignment is (completely) different. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if yes, can someone give me a pinout?

Another thing I've been thinking about is the immobilizer... I already swapped a H22A5 into a 5th gen. Prelude who before had a F20A4. There I only had to open both ECUs and solder the immobilzer chip from the old into the H22A5 ECU. I guess this is the way it will work in the Accord-Swap, right?

So far my thoughts, I hope someone can help me with some informations.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
Hallo, kannst du mich kontaktieren unter volgene e-mail: stojan.nabernik@gmail.com, ich bin gerade bei gleiche swap und brauche hilfe uber strom und ecu...vielen Danke....