Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRT4 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT4 Engine

I was wondering if anyone had swapped an srt4 engine in a civic/integra/prelude. i had heard about a couple civics who did a 4G63 Turbo swap and i was wondering if it would be possible with one of those delicious 2.4 turbos from dodge. im sure its a torquey little motor and it sounds mean as hell. if anyone has any info please help out.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRT4 Engine (IntegraPir4te)

If your wallet is deep enough anything is possible, but why a srt4 engine when honda has its own 2.4l engine that has more poteintal in NA form and turbo?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 PM

because k swaps are becoming near bread and butter these days everyone and their mother used to have turbo d-series around here. then it was turbo b-series. now they're all rwd cars or civics with k-series. i want something where i pull up and people say "what the hell is that?!?!?"
Old 11-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraPir4te)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraPir4te &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because k swaps are becoming near bread and butter these days everyone and their mother used to have turbo d-series around here. then it was turbo b-series. now they're all rwd cars or civics with k-series. i want something where i pull up and people say "what the hell is that?!?!?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that is defining hybrid. It shouldn't be too hard but very time consunming to fab up mounts for the srt4 motor to fit into any honda. I am sure the people who put in nissan and eclispe turbo motor into their honda made many trial and error before they were able to make it work correctly. Sorry couldn't be any more help on your hybrid project.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:47 PM

thanks. i saw one of the guys who goes to my school pull out in his srt4 and for the briefest of seconds i saw my black integra body accelerate with that distinctive rumble and bov. then i told my friend what i was thinking and his words were something along the lines of "holy great jesus christ that would be awesome" plus any other comments or engine swap suggestions would be cool from other people.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Well, here are some things to look at.

-Go to the JY and try and compare the rough sizes of the motors. The SRT-4 engine is based on the old Dodge 2.4L, so a Stratus block might be a cheap way to start sizing.

-In addition to the block size, take a good look at the shape of the oil pan and how it will match up to the sub-frame.

-Plan on custom axles, as that will be the easiest way to get power to the wheels

-Look at the shifter and how it's hooked up. Is it linkage? That will be custom for sure. If it's cables you will need some sort of shifter box, either out of the neon, or a Prelude/Accord/K-powered *.

Plan on having to do a ton of little nitty gritty stuff to get everything copasetic, and maybe plan on picking up a scrap chassis (or a stripped front cut... where do those 1/2 cars go when the motor comes out I wonder?), and a scrap block to start fabbing with.

Good luck
Old 11-27-2006, 06:20 PM

thanks for the advice. i was just searching around for some srt4's in jy's. no luck so far. anyone heard of any other just plain crazy engine swaps or possible engine swaps. i'm open to suggestions
Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM

also does anyone know of a front wheel drive transmission for v8's? i have heard very whispery rumors on this subject and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or help on this subject
Old 11-27-2006, 08:36 PM

Your just getting out of hand now. But, the new chevy impala ss has a front wheel drive v-8 and even in that car it hauled *** pretty good so that would be a good platform for putting a v-8 in a Honda. But as far as the srt-4 idea is conserned you might as well pick up an h22 and turbo that and **** all over those glorified neons, they are **** and i'm positive those motors won't hold up half as long as a turbo'd h22 plus h22's are cheap to get and are not a norm and would make u unique to a certain extent.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slow_ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> they are **** and i'm positive those motors won't hold up half as long as a turbo'd h22.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you kidding me those srt4's have Iron block they can take just about anything you can throw at them. I have seen srt4's putting down over 600 hp on a STOCK block and keep its reliability. I would like to see a stock h22 block put down even half of that and run more than 5000 miles.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraPir4te &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also does anyone know of a front wheel drive transmission for v8's? i have heard very whispery rumors on this subject and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or help on this subject</TD></TR></TABLE>

cadillac northstar tranny should be much more plentiful than the 06 impala tranny
Old 11-28-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: (ckyguy)

Northstar tranny may only work with a crappy northstar motor though, not a SBC. Don't the Fiero people use 350s? Find out how they do it. A v8 swap will be much more intense though. Your car wasn't desided for anything like that, and you may run out of room. There was a Caddy V8 VW a while back, so it can be done, but it will be very very heavy. Handling will def. take a crap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm positive those motors won't hold up half as long as a turbo'd h22 plus h22's are cheap to get and are not a norm and would make u unique to a certain extent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go back to the VTEC fanboi meeting. Dodge knows a thing or two about turbos. They've been doing it for 20+years now. The 2.4L block is based off the motor for the international Stratus. Iron&gt;FRM sleeves for boost.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Prodigal Son)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Prodigal Son &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Don't the Fiero people use 350s? Find out how they do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

One word: Getrag
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (smileycvc)

on an ED for example, you dont need no more than 200 whp to keep up with an srt4 . my friends ED6 has a GSR making 203 N/A whp with bolt ons. it still very reliable and can keep up with them. if you are obsesed with dodge's SRT4 engine,because the fancy BOV broke ur heart, why didn you buy a neon to begin with, it would have been a lot more easeir then to do that swap. ik thosemotors have potentil, but i do not believe that it can put down 600hp and still be as reliable as it was when it came out of the factory
Old 11-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

omg...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: (charlee)

well you see being a high school student with barely enough money to actually afford modding his car while still paying for insurance and the car it self is hard. i'm asking questions mostly because i'm curious and i want some good advice. I would definitely want to do this as a project down the road, but right now i just want advice. Thats not so bad is it? well if it is then do me a favor: go home, plug in a toaster, fill up your bathtub with water, get in the bathtub, and drop the toaster in it. Thanks guys for the advice and have a nice day!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraPir4te &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you see being a high school student with barely enough money to actually afford modding his car while still paying for insurance and the car it self is hard. i'm asking questions mostly because i'm curious and i want some good advice. I would definitely want to do this as a project down the road, but right now i just want advice. Thats not so bad is it? well if it is then do me a favor: go home, plug in a toaster, fill up your bathtub with water, get in the bathtub, and drop the toaster in it. Thanks guys for the advice and have a nice day! </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm willing to bet a straight K24A1/3/4 (No K20A2 head) with a similar sized turbo can make more power than an SRT-4 engine.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 PM

To smileycvc and Prodigal Son Dodge's quality control is very poor and quite franly I would love to see this 600 hp srt-4 daily driver that is still reliable, and Prodigal son where do you get the idea that dodge knows a thing or two about turbos, because if your saying this due to their turbo diesels you are wrong because those motors are strait from cummins which are totally seperate from dodge production wise. And as I am not very into dodges history of vehicle makeing I would like to point out the only other turbo car they have made that I know of is the Chrysler LeBaron GTS which was a **** bucket and unreliable. But I may be wrong, and please anyone please list some of dodges other turbo cars for us so I may acknowledge where prodigal son is coming from.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To smileycvc and Prodigal Son Dodge's quality control is very poor and quite franly I would love to see this 600 hp srt-4 daily driver that is still reliable, and Prodigal son where do you get the idea that dodge knows a thing or two about turbos, because if your saying this due to their turbo diesels you are wrong because those motors are strait from cummins which are totally seperate from dodge production wise. And as I am not very into dodges history of vehicle makeing I would like to point out the only other turbo car they have made that I know of is the Chrysler LeBaron GTS which was a **** bucket and unreliable. But I may be wrong, and please anyone please list some of dodges other turbo cars for us so I may acknowledge where prodigal son is coming from.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
well, there is a Chrysler shadow, same POS in quality inside and out. everything is cheap on that car, the aluminum heads love to break at the worst times. we get a chrysler car with that engine at least once a week in our shop. funny, but when i was car illiterate back in the day, i used to think lebarons were the ****, turbo or not, but im so glad i became aducated
Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Thank you for further proving my point. I am not trying to be childish or make problems. Its just I don't like it when people tell me I don't know what the hell I'm talking about when they could have simply asked me to prove my point which I am trying to do.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To smileycvc and Prodigal Son Dodge's quality control is very poor and quite franly I would love to see this 600 hp srt-4 daily driver that is still reliable, and Prodigal son where do you get the idea that dodge knows a thing or two about turbos, because if your saying this due to their turbo diesels you are wrong because those motors are strait from cummins which are totally seperate from dodge production wise. And as I am not very into dodges history of vehicle makeing I would like to point out the only other turbo car they have made that I know of is the Chrysler LeBaron GTS which was a **** bucket and unreliable. But I may be wrong, and please anyone please list some of dodges other turbo cars for us so I may acknowledge where prodigal son is coming from.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dodge Dayotna was a pretty bad *** turbo I-4 for its time.
Dodge Shadow came in a trim level with a turbo engine
Plymouth Laser
Chrysler Conquest
Old 11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in my openion the only thing that has not been played out is the rally sol .it original and not very many people have done it. if you dont kow what it is , its a del sol with a b series and the drivetrain from a crv
Old 12-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraPir4te &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you see being a high school student with barely enough money to actually afford modding his car while still paying for insurance and the car it self is hard. i'm asking questions mostly because i'm curious and i want some good advice. I would definitely want to do this as a project down the road, but right now i just want advice. Thats not so bad is it? well if it is then do me a favor: go home, plug in a toaster, fill up your bathtub with water, get in the bathtub, and drop the toaster in it. Thanks guys for the advice and have a nice day! </TD></TR></TABLE>Why waste peoples time then?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why waste peoples time then?</TD></TR></TABLE>
because you touch yourself at night

Quick Reply: SRT4 Engine