Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

skunk2 intake manifold h22a

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skunk2 intake manifold h22a

Ive seen that the intake manifold is now available for the h22a. What will this do to the car. What is the benefit as opposed to stock...more hp?
Old 05-19-2003, 10:38 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: skunk2 intake manifold h22a (H22ACivic1)

Larger & shorter runners = more flow = better top end performance with a little sacraficed down low, but on a H22 it's pretty negligible IMO. As far as I know, it's still not out on the market yet, but we're in the process of trying to get ahold of one so we can use it for "test fitments" on different chassis for picts for one magazine publication. But from what I've "heard", it may or may not be out this year... dunno.

Old 05-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: skunk2 intake manifold h22a (Newman)

I don't understand what the problem with Skunk2 is...

I mean they've obviously got a design already...how much R&D does the dang thing need that could be keeping it on hold this long?
Old 05-19-2003, 03:17 PM

Default Re: skunk2 intake manifold h22a (hot_EH)

maybe its not making any power?
Old 05-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: skunk2 intake manifold h22a (heiyu)

or Maybe they have doubts that it won't sell for the ammount of manifolding costs it will cost ? but a big plenum, wide runners and it will make more hp, torque will suffer but you can't get both... unless they copy the euro-r and claim skunk2 on it.. but that's ain't gonna work...

eitherway they lost my support.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:00 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: skunk2 intake manifold h22a (HotWheelz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HotWheelz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or Maybe they have doubts that it won't sell for the ammount of manifolding costs it will cost ? but a big plenum, wide runners and it will make more hp, torque will suffer but you can't get both... unless they copy the euro-r and claim skunk2 on it.. but that's ain't gonna work...</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they go with that mentallity, and see how the Venom intake manifolds are selling (which looks jenky IMO), then sure there isn't a large market for them. Modify a Euro-R manifold to fit a H22 head is a bitch.... I've seen it done first hand and the guy had to do A LOT of custom fabrication to make it work, even to the fuel rail to make it fit right. I guess the main consensus is that there isn't as many H22's out there, as there are B-series (like with other aftermarket parts companies) so it may not be such a high demand for them. But with all of the knockoff companies going on, they'd better hurry up and release it before somebody else knocks their's off and beats them to the punch bowl.

Old 05-20-2003, 03:52 AM

Maybe we need to get some mass H22 email going to show demand..
Old 05-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jason kiDD)

I'm in on that mass email..
Old 05-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK22Tim)

maybe the wait is a good thing?

i mean, if they're putting so much time and effort into R&D... i think that says something about skunk2's quality. do you think APC tests their products at all?? i doubt that.

to skunk2...

i'm eagarly awaiting the damn thing myself.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (john.fuggi)

hahahahahah that's funny... any production peice is not tuned for maximum performance, because it can't be done for a specific camshaft or engine combination. all skunk2 peices are from sand molds and are very coarse and somewhat a better flowing manifold simply because the runners are straigher and shorter, everything is standard.. that's a given it will work better, but don't expect a perfectly cc'd manifold and flowbenched on each ports, even if it was it still has alot more room for improvements....

and shorter runners do shift the powerband higher up, which also goes with camshafts, compression and heavier bottoms etc. so having a manifold that breaths great top end isn't neccearily great if your motor can't support it and will cut the life expentancy by alot to extract the power in the upper greater rpms....

i heavily modified my unit and i'm certain it will flow better than the skunk2 manifold when it does get released out...

i will provide pics.. although the manifold did suffer major re-construction. (aluminum welding, machining and port shaping and sensor re-locations) this is defenelty not a project I will re-attempt, but should show some of you that have acces to such tools on a opinions on how i did mine....

i've done the manifold in such a way i can remove it without having to modify sensors nad lines etc to swap on the dyno, as the euro-r manifold requires different wire lenths and sensor plugs if you dyno it to compare another one...

like i said, im mostly complete (picture worthy) so i''ll give you some suggestions.

Old 05-20-2003, 01:16 PM

Skunk 2 will simply use the manifold to compliment all the other products they already have on the market. So they will show you gains with SK2 components which includes cams, gears, even battery tie down..

Old 05-20-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Re: (Jason kiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Skunk 2 will simply use the manifold to compliment all the other products they already have on the market. So they will show you gains with SK2 components which includes cams, gears, even battery tie down..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha. this is true. they used the same result with their B series intake manifold. Wouldn't surprise me.

I've called them many times on it, and they keep postponing the dates.

This thing has been on hold for a huge amount of time, but I would imagine once it comes out it'll make some nice power. They told me it would be 7-10 HP across the board, but that's just word of mouth.