Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:14 PM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si

After doing a swap into a customers car an 00 Si in which the motor hydrolocked in he purchased a gsr swap for the car, After doing the swap and using the gsr shift linkige the shifter doesn't feel right at all...

The problem with it is that pitting the car into gear the shifter still feels like its in neutral and it feels really sloppy...

Any Ideas are welcome here... Please help...

Adi
Old 11-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (newgsr)

why not use the si linkage?
Old 11-02-2002, 01:33 PM
On Fire!

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (irunfromcops)

Because the linkige on the si transmission is different than the one on the gsr,
the gsr has a stub that comes out of the transmission but on the si its more of a flared stub on the tranny where the linkige is sopposed to connect to...

Any more Ideas???

Adi
Old 11-02-2002, 07:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Because the linkige on the si transmission is different than the one on the gsr,
the gsr has a stub that comes out of the transmission but on the si its more of a flared stub on the tranny where the linkige is sopposed to connect to...

Any more Ideas???

Adi
let me get this straight, u put in a motor into a customers car and u cant figure out the shift linkage???? u cant b serious???? if u r, i know which shop i WOULDNT go to. the SI linkage and GSR r the same. it shares the same tranny housing too. no difference. sounds to me like u forgot the plate on the end of the shifter or the bolt is loose from the shifter to the linkage.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (hondaatwsu)

No we got the swap all in and the linkage is all hooked up right but the shifter has alot of play side to side even when the car is in gear. It is like the shifter rod that is broke or a loose bolt. I was wandering if anyone has had this happend to there tranny?
Old 11-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (96Hatch)

Its probably the bushings for the shifter. Get some urethane ones and be done with it.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:28 PM
On Fire!

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (hondaatwsu)

let me get this straight, u put in a motor into a customers car and u cant figure out the shift linkage???? u cant b serious???? if u r, i know which shop i WOULDNT go to. the SI linkage and GSR r the same. it shares the same tranny housing too. no difference. sounds to me like u forgot the plate on the end of the shifter or the bolt is loose from the shifter to the linkage.

let me get this straight, u put in a motor into a customers car and u cant figure out the shift linkage???? u cant b serious???? if u r, i know which shop i WOULDNT go to. the SI linkage and GSR r the same. it shares the same tranny housing too. no difference. sounds to me like u forgot the plate on the end of the shifter or the bolt is loose from the shifter to the linkage.[/QUOTE]

The shifter is and the shift linkige are both hooked up, the shifter is bolted on to the shifter linkige and the linkige is bolted on to the shaft thats on the tranny but the problem is that when the car is even in gear it feels just as sloppy as if it was in neutral..

It definitely is not a problem with the shifter linkige but there is something wrong insede the transmission, now me and 96Hatch were wondering if the same thing ever happened to anybody else here and what the fix for the problem was...??

Thanks,

Adi
Old 11-03-2002, 02:37 PM
On Fire!

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (97hb)

Its probably the bushings for the shifter. Get some urethane ones and be done with it.
The bushings that we installed came with the B&M shifter that we also installed...
So that is definitely not the problem.

The shifter itself feels very sold when you go from gear to gear the only thing is that when in gear it feels very sloppy, like it was in neutral.

Adi
Old 11-04-2002, 01:18 PM

could be the stablizer bar isnt attached correctly on the tranny. Other than that, I'd have to go with the bushings
Old 11-05-2002, 09:14 PM

Why not swap the GS-R linkage with the Si linkage just to make sure it's not a problem with the shift linkage.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (Solid Alibye)

Why not swap the GS-R linkage with the Si linkage just to make sure it's not a problem with the shift linkage.

no shat.

This is one of those things you can't help with unless you see it...
Old 11-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Shift linkige problem after swap B18C1 into 00 Civic Si (Nameless)

Where the shifter comes down under the vehicle and attaches to the rod--tighten that bolt; it worked for me.