Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

real tech only please 97 gsr b18c1 into 97 civic dz WILL THE GSR HAVE ALL THE PARTS i NEED?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real tech only please 97 gsr b18c1 into 97 civic dz WILL THE GSR HAVE ALL THE PARTS i NEED?

i BOUGHT A TOTLALED (REAR ONLY, GOOD MOTOR) 97 GSR FOR THE B18C1, i'M GOING TO SWAP IT INTO A 97 CIVIC DX. CAN i GET ALL THE PARTS I NEED FROM THE GSR? SPINDLES? AXLES? BRAKES? OR WILL I HAVE TO GAT OTHER PARTS TO MAKE THE SWAP. i COULD USE A LITTLE HELP PLEASE.

HUMBLE BUT WILLING TO LISTEN AND LEARN,

Bill-27--------Columbus, Ohio

for good ( not 16yrs old ) disscusionE-mail me @ wyllstyver@yahoo.com
Old 01-18-2004, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: real tech only please 97 gsr b18c1 into 97 civic dz WILL THE GSR HAVE ALL THE PARTS i NEED? (wy

Well I did the same thing only slightly differnent. I took a wrecked 94 gsr and put it into a 93 del sol. I can only tell you what happened with mine which may or maynot be exact to the civic. IF you have an eg then it should all be very close.

I ran into two issues. Shift linkage and exhaust piping. I need to lenghthen the gsr linkage to fit the sol and also had to lengthen the exhaust piping about 4.5 inches. Everything else was direct swap, axles, mounts etc. If you have a/c then the gsr radiator isn't going to fit right without some changes to the a/c lines. I just used a auto civic duel core radiator to solve this. The suspension might be a different story.

When I was looking for parts for doing a rear disk conversion I was told any 94+ integra or 92-95 civic would fit my sol. That would lead me to think that the 97 civic suspension is different enough that it wouldn't be a direct bolt on. I just speculating on that one. If you have the patience you can remove the entire engine and firewall harness and swap that into the civic then you don't have to worry about running extra wires for vtec and such.