Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS?

I have researched and know that they are a great place to go to for your motorswap needs, but have never heard anything about the condition of the trans they ship you.

Anyone with a motor and trans from them, pipe up!!! Any grinds, or other problems? TIA

-Steve
Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (SuperSteve737)

My h22 tranny from them was perfect no grinds and the stock clutch worked like new.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have ordered 12 swaps from Steve, b16a's Gsr's ect, all were very clean, and absolutely no problems. He's a good guy, just very very busy, always on the phone. Just get a good idea of what you want before you call. You will be happy with what you get from HMO
Old 09-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (PURPLETERROR)

Awesome guys, thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:11 PM

i have 8 friends that have ordered from Steve. And i'm in the process of ordering mine. Every motor they have gotten has been beautiful. we've opened up valve covers and everything looks like it jus came from teh manufacturer. All there tranny's have been great, no grinds, nothing. HMO is probably the most respectable Motor Swap place prolly in the US. If they happen to send you the wrong thing or something is missing, Steve always sends next day air. They are great. Nothing can be said bad about HMO.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (AVcTcEoCrd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AVcTcEoCrd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have 8 friends that have ordered from Steve. And i'm in the process of ordering mine. Every motor they have gotten has been beautiful. we've opened up valve covers and everything looks like it jus came from teh manufacturer. All there tranny's have been great, no grinds, nothing. HMO is probably the most respectable Motor Swap place prolly in the US. If they happen to send you the wrong thing or something is missing, Steve always sends next day air. They are great. Nothing can be said bad about HMO.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I knew his motors kicked all forms of ***, but it's great to hear that the transmissions come in great shape too. That makes choosing the place I'm going to buy my setup from when the time comes. Awesome and thanks, HT!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSteve737 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I knew his motors kicked all forms of ***, but it's great to hear that the transmissions come in great shape too. That makes choosing the place I'm going to buy my setup from when the time comes. Awesome and thanks, HT!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I ordered a seperate transmission for my H22 and so far (about 4 months) its ran perfect.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (uncle)

my buddy got his B18C and it doesn't have a reverse gear in it, hmmotorsonline is giving him **** about it. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (Del_Slowest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my buddy got his B18C and it doesn't have a reverse gear in it, hmmotorsonline is giving him **** about it. I'll keep you guys updated. </TD></TR></TABLE>
first bad thing i heard about HMO!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (Del_Slowest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my buddy got his B18C and it doesn't have a reverse gear in it, hmmotorsonline is giving him **** about it. I'll keep you guys updated. </TD></TR></TABLE> hondas always have problems with reverse lol the honda reverse grind is awesom
Old 09-22-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (fkncivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fkncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> hondas always have problems with reverse lol the honda reverse grind is awesom</TD></TR></TABLE>

A reverse grind and not having a reverse gear are two different things all together. Im sure we all love a grindy reverse gear as opposed to a nonexistant one, lol.

But to get back on topic, I havent had any problems with my swap whatsoever either (bought it back in April of last year, installed in February of this year; dont ask, long story ). Initially when i recieved it my crank pulley was a little chipped. Called Steve on it and he had a new one out to me within a week. The key is to be real cool with him on the phone and not to get all impatient and shitty. He doesnt respond well (and i would guess neither would anyone else) to people who give him attitude. Not to say that the dude with the reverse problem did, Im just saying that thats how Steve is.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (AudioFuct)

hmotorsonline
Old 09-24-2004, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (eLusive ek4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The key is to be real cool with him on the phone and not to get all impatient and shitty. He doesnt respond well (and i would guess neither would anyone else) to people who give him attitude. Not to say that the dude with the reverse problem did, Im just saying that thats how Steve is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that
Old 09-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about Hmotorsonline...TRANS? (AVcTcEoCrd)

I've ordered 2 engines from steve, second engine has a bad 3rd gear grind